Mersey cod high water venues

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
woody565
Super Poster

Mersey cod high water venues

Postby woody565 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi lads,

Only really fished the Mersey over low water, what high water venues do you rate for cod?

Cheers Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Mersey cod high water venues

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:33 pm

woody565 wrote:Hi lads,

Only really fished the Mersey over low water, what high water venues do you rate for cod?

Cheers Dan

Otterspool area,Mariners Wharf,Cod corner,Seacombe Ferry are some of the area's I would be trying Dan.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Neap to mid range tide and get out on the end of the Eggy Ferry groyne if you like a more challenging mark.....
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

woody565
Super Poster

Postby woody565 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks Steve and Kev.

Is the groyne the one just to your left at THS Kev? Is it safe enough right over high water?

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 pm

woody565 wrote:Thanks Steve and Kev.

Is the groyne the one just to your left at THS Kev? Is it safe enough right over high water?

Yes the one right by the Eggy Ferry pub....on the smaller tides it`s safe...last fished it a couple of years ago with Wobbler and we got out just on high water to fish the full ebb....it`s only a 4ft drop over the wall to get on the groyne.....we had a good few codling up to 3lbs and no snags until the last hour when the angle of retrieve meant our gear was getting caught now and again in the low lying rocks....bit slippy getting out but not too bad if you take your time but once you reach the point and set up camp,it`s pretty comfortable....they are big weed covered boulders near the end,but if you scrub your feet on them,the weed comes away very easily leaving good safe footing.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

woody565
Super Poster

Postby woody565 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am

Nice one Kev, I think I'll give it a go in these smaller tides if the weather isn't to bad

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”