Alex , Seaforth and other Docks north of pier head.

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
John Petersen
The Prisoner

Alex , Seaforth and other Docks north of pier head.

Postby John Petersen » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 am

OK,

As this keeps getting asked, over and over and over again.

Here is the current information we at WSF know about fishing the docks north of Pier Head.

Alex Wall.

You need a POLSAF permit to fish the clearly marked section of The Alex.

If you fish with the wall in front of you ( i.e. from the middle of the stretch to the left ) you can fish alone.

If you fish without a wall in front of you ( i.e. from the middle of the section to the lock gate and you don't have a wall in front of you ) you need to be fishing with someone. This is for obvious safety reasons.

Seaforth Rocks.

You need a POLSAF permit.

You also need to sign a disclaimer ( which you can get from your club or POLSAF ), tell security on the gate you are fishing Seaforth, you need to fish with someone , you need to park in designated areas ( not on the road ) and you need to wear hi-viz jacket.

Husskinson Dock

Currently OFF LIMITS -- may change -- will update here if any further developments are passed onto WSF.

Canada Dock

Currently OFF LIMITS -- may change -- will update here if any further developments are passed onto WSF.

Waterloo Dock

OFF LIMITS -- may change -- will update here if any further developments are passed onto WSF.

POLSAF PERMIT

Some info here, we will change this to the official POLSAF website when they get it operational and inform us about it, in the meantime this is one WSF created earlier.

http://www.wirralseafishing.co.uk/polsaf/index.htm

You either need to be in an affiliated club ( such as WSA, Sefton Sea Anglers, Chorley SAC, The Pirates, The Buccaneers and a few others whos names escape me ) or you need to prove to POLSAF you have private personal insurance -- there are many ways of getting this --- Do a search in google for fishing public liability or WSFA or Angling Trust -- WSF do not recommend any clubs or any people who provide personal insurance, it is your choice .

You apply to POLSAF ( or through your club ) and they validate your eligibility and then you go get a permit after making an appointment and producing your POLSAF receipt ( proof of eligibility, verified by POLSAF ).

If you are a member through a club, then you will renew through your club from then on.

You will need a car permit if you want to take a car onto the docks, you need to show proof of ownership, you need to attend an office next to the Port's Police on the docks as they take a copy of your registration documents.

NOTE :

I will leave this unlocked. Keep it real with your comments or questions, I will delete any inappropriate ones and also delete questions once answered and acknowledged they have been answered -- we will add the missing information to the original post -- this thread will not get messy or include any 'hear-say' or rumour, this will only contain information we know to be true and information we have had CONFIRMED by POLSAF and/or The Mersey Docks and Harbour Company/Peel Ports.
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

Cliff
"The thief of Badgags"

Re: Alex , Seaforth and other Docks north of pier head.

Postby Cliff » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:14 pm

John, whats happening about the new permits, only asking as my cheque still hasn't been cashed & I think they expire after so long if not presented.
Cliff.

Sea Anglers have BIGGER tackle

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”