Hoyle Bank

Discuss our sport, tell us where your going fishing, and then tell us what you caught.
Big Kev
The Masterful One

Hoyle Bank

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:34 pm

How long after low is it worth fishing ? The plan is to fish 1 down 2 up then shoot to Seaforth Rocks for the last couple of hours of the flood....can`t decide between Hoyle and Formby for the low water :roll:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Hoyle Bank

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Big Kev wrote:How long after low is it worth fishing ? The plan is to fish 1 down 2 up then shoot to Seaforth Rocks for the last couple of hours of the flood....can`t decide between Hoyle and Formby for the low water :roll:

When me and Ian go out there we generally get there 30 mins before low,pump some worm and then walk back in as it floods.It seems to fish poorly on the ebb and then comes to life on the flood.It can race in once the flood gets going.The Urfe/Pyramid set up works well out there as you can twitch it back without fear of snagging.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Sea Fishing and Venue Questions”