Fleetwood Noob

This is where we keep our old stuff
Jammie

Re: Fleetwood Noob

Postby Jammie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:59 pm

One other thing though, it was proper windy and the channel was flowing good and proper would not have seen the rod tip twitching for the wind :(

Jammie

Postby Jammie » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Questions :)
1. Where's best for collecting peelers?
2. Low water today was 3m and I managed to dig loads of lugworm but not many blacks. Was up near chatsworth ave (Fleetwood) is there somewhere local where i can dig black when the tides are poor?

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:36 pm

svenbren wrote:i have seen and smelt jp,s 10 year frozen/refrozen old lug and it has caught there but i with shacky on this peeler is a must here for a non blanking session ;)

How did you get on this evening Bren ?

Fleetwood Channel with any bait on the size of tides this week was THE best chance of catching on The Fylde Coast, with our without Peeler. Would not even have tried anywhere else.
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Jammie wrote:Questions :)
1. Where's best for collecting peelers?

I usually collect mine from Shacky or Dave Kam :)
People on here generally go to North Wales to collect their crabs.

Jammie wrote:Questions :)
2. Low water today was 3m and I managed to dig loads of lugworm but not many blacks. Was up near chatsworth ave (Fleetwood) is there somewhere local where i can dig black when the tides are poor?

You should have been able to get some Black if you walked up from Chatsworth to Rossall Point. Even small tides should uncover some of the black beds up that way, only about 10mins walk Northwards from Chatsworth Road.
I am not a number !

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:46 pm

John Petersen wrote:
svenbren wrote:i have seen and smelt jp,s 10 year frozen/refrozen old lug and it has caught there but i with shacky on this peeler is a must here for a non blanking session ;)

How did you get on this evening Bren ?

Fleetwood Channel with any bait on the size of tides this week was THE best chance of catching on The Fylde Coast, with our without Peeler. Would not even have tried anywhere else.

:lol: :lol: i blanked john ;) must admit your fish was a specimen to brag about for years to come will put picture on tomorrow ;)
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Jammie

Postby Jammie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm

You should have been able to get some Black if you walked up from Chatsworth to Rossall Point. Even small tides should uncover some of the black beds up that way, only about 10mins walk Northwards from Chatsworth Road.

Is that towards the old coastguard look-out?

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Jammie wrote:You should have been able to get some Black if you walked up from Chatsworth to Rossall Point. Even small tides should uncover some of the black beds up that way, only about 10mins walk Northwards from Chatsworth Road.

Is that towards the old coastguard look-out?

Sort of, hard to describe as the the coastal defences kind of curve around to the old coastguard look-out.

You want to be by Rossall Scar or above that , it is kind of where the coastal defences and the coastguards would be if it didn't kind of curve away from you !

You can find it as it is the bit with all the little black rocks.

http://www.multimap.com/s/PU6a1fI0
I am not a number !

Jammie

Postby Jammie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Has anyone any plans to fish over the weekend and if it would not be to much of a burden I can come along? I will supply all my own gear of course. Jamie

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:21 pm

Sorry from me,

Haydock Races on Saturday with a Workingmens Club.

Watching Red Arrows at Blackpool ( hopefully ) on Sunday.

Times and Tide sizes for Fylde Coast are not good for the weekend either. Now from Monday evening onwards, different story, Westerly Winds and bigger tides. Nice size lows early evening to pump bait and nice size tides coming in and up to high in the dark. Tuesday times look nice. Low tide 6:35 pm, High tide midnight.
I am not a number !

Jammie

Postby Jammie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Anyone fishing next week on the Fylde coast?

Jamie

Jammie

Postby Jammie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Just got back from fishing near Rossall School. Still not caught anything but managed to get a 1/0 hook in the back of my head when my rod rest blew over in the wind :x

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Jammie wrote:Just got back from fishing near Rossall School. Still not caught anything but managed to get a 1/0 hook in the back of my head when my rod rest blew over in the wind :x

;) you and taro should make good fishing partners :lol:
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

nightnurse

Postby nightnurse » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:01 pm

I,ve heard of using frozen black lug as bait before, but using the kids is a new one on me : :think:
whale oil beef hooked

Jammie

Postby Jammie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Is there anyone from the Fleetwod area or planning on fishing the Fylde coast area that could show me how to improve my casting. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Jamie

I have just bought 2 hockey balls and I live directly opposite a playing field and have a rugby pitch over my back garden fence so I can practise freely once I have the basic technique......

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Jammie wrote:Is there anyone from the Fleetwod area or planning on fishing the Fylde coast area that could show me how to improve my casting. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Jamie

I have just bought 2 hockey balls and I live directly opposite a playing field and have a rugby pitch over my back garden fence so I can practise freely once I have the basic technique......

You don't need this forum, you need a "Question Of Sports" forum by the sound of it.
I am not a number !

Return to “Archive”