New to pumping

This section is for all your questions about baits...how to collect,store,prepare,use e.t.c
Big Kev
The Masterful One

New to pumping

Postby Big Kev » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:39 pm

If you`re learning to pump worm you can make your life so much easier if you set your pump up correctly before you hit the beach.....have a look at THIS VID .......decide which kind of bung you want,i much prefer the Dogs Balls available from Pets at home. To be honest you will be wasting your time if you turn up with a 50mm large bore pump. Many of us replace the wingnuts with nylock nuts as they stay in place,once you`ve adjusted the pump for optimum suction,whereas the wingnuts slacken off as you pump. I`ve never had a prob with nylock nuts seizing on the pump,but for peace of mind you can take them off after each session and replace with a new one prior to your next session...they are pretty cheap from B&Q .
winter fishing sucks

al/c
Super Poster

Re: New to pumping

Postby al/c » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:23 pm

just bought an alvey long slim pump, now just need to get out and give it a go, when work allows obviously tides have to be right for blacks but can you pick up a few blow lug around perch rock as the tide drops :think:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: New to pumping

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:40 pm

al/c wrote:just bought an alvey long slim pump, now just need to get out and give it a go, when work allows obviously tides have to be right for blacks but can you pick up a few blow lug around perch rock as the tide drops :think:

You would be better further up the drive past the clown roundabout or walk out from the Derby Pool pub.Google maps is your friend.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Bait Questions”