Pumping Lug ainsdale beach tomorrow 8/3/16

This section is for all your questions about baits...how to collect,store,prepare,use e.t.c
Greg Barratt
Headless Angler

Re: Pumping Lug ainsdale beach tomorrow 8/3/16

Postby Greg Barratt » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Steven1979 wrote:I've replied to your PM but it's only in outbox & I'm not sure if it's sent to you!!

It gets sent when the receiver next logs in, Steven. :thumbsup:
Greg

If hopes and wishes turned into fishes....

2016 species:(15)
Starry Smoothhound, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Codling, Whiting, Flounder, Plaice, Dab, 3b Rockling, Dragonet, LSD, Silver Eel, Lobster, Starfish

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:14 pm

Steven1979 wrote:The problem I have is I'm not local & I only get down once a week while visiting my kids & I generally use the time before to do something fishing related, & would love to collect some bait given the right conditions- if big Kev or yourself could give me some pointers regarding tide & locations, that would be an enormous help!!

I can't comment on ainsdale as I've never collected worms there but at formby, lifeboat road you should get blacks on a 1.3mtr or less anything bigger I wouldn't bother although there are yellowtails further up the beach, you can usually start to see cast for blacks about 1 1/2hours before low but it can vary day to day depending on air pressure wind direction, some days the beach will be covered with casts other days you will be lucky to see 20, as for blow lug I never bothered at formby as there few and far between and very small, hall road also known as burbo bank is better for blow they can be collected on any tide, there's plenty but there of average size, newbrighton has better size blow lug, if you go out from lifeboat road when you go into the car park past the green hut keep following the road around to the left and park up then head across the path in the dunes, when you get on the beach you will see a wreck out at the low water mark head to this and you will find blacks, just take note of the last one or two gullies at the low water mark, they will come in around you if your on one of the banks, usually an hour after low just move up the beach a bit, good luck :thumbsup:

Steven1979

Postby Steven1979 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Thanks so much, awesome info- hopefully I'll do ok!!
Appreciate it!

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Top info there Mark :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “Bait Questions”