crab/shrimp net

This section is for all your questions about baits...how to collect,store,prepare,use e.t.c
Szabs
Obsessed Poster

crab/shrimp net

Postby Szabs » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Yes, its another one of my dumb questions ;) Is there any point in buying one of these things to catch some bait? Or could I even catch any bait with it? I had this brilliant idea of dropping it down at high tide from THS promenade and continue fishing and just retrieve it when the tied goes and hopefully I'd have some free bait for fishing the low tide when it comes :) would it work? Or its just a lame idea?

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: crab/shrimp net

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Save your money.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Szabs
Obsessed Poster

Postby Szabs » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:Save your money.

I should just get a pump shouldn't I Steve? :think:
Could I pump any sort of worms at THS?

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Very very few worms at ths, there were a few dig holes last week when we were there and even if there were any don't know what size they are.
The Wrassewrangler

Szabs
Obsessed Poster

Postby Szabs » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:35 pm

GAZZ3R wrote:Very very few worms at ths, there were a few dig holes last week when we were there and even if there were any don't know what size they are.

See this my problem :( I'd have to pump bait where I fish otherwise I'd waste a lot of time and I can only go once a week at most :(

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:33 pm

That's the problem a lot of us have, you either go pumping it or buy it in bulk, there are a few anglers on here that pay around £2 for a pack of 10, i'm not particularly good at pumping yet but I still prefer to get my own cos as they say, practice makes perfect.
The Wrassewrangler

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I have one of those not much use in the mersey but good fun on anglesey .throw some fishbait in and put it down the side of a rock mark or breakwater. you will be surprised what you get in it. this year at silver bay over three days we had dogs, pout, tompot blennies, pollack .edible crab, 2 lobster and some good sized prawns . saw a local once catch a 3 and a 5lb bass on floatfished live prawn from fourmile bridge.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:39 pm

You don`t always have to go fishing...i get a lot of pleasure from bait collecting and it`s nice to have a break sometimes. I`ve got my new bait fridge freezer so i`ll be loading it up from spring,with peelers,lug,razors,mussel so come autumn/winter i can fish the marks i want,whenever the time/tide is right. You can combine low water bass sessions with pumping worm to kill two birds with one stone. In spring you can collect 100+ peelers prior to a bass session in Wales,so before too long you will have a good stock of bait in your freezer.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice

I.duke
Obsessed Poster

Postby I.duke » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:02 am

As Steve said save ya money & buy a pump a slim alvey you can practice when fishing

Return to “Bait Questions”