Rock fishing near caernarfon

Looking for information on a venue, or have you found a spot that you want to share, pass on the info in this section, try to give as much information as possible, regarding directions, bait and end tackle.
Manofkent
Regular Poster

Rock fishing near caernarfon

Postby Manofkent » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi I normally only do lrf around Anglesey but have some friends in caernarfon that want to try it. My question is where would you take them I know it sounds like I'm a tight a** but don't want to really drive to Caernarvon then go back to the island so where would you guys recommended. I looked at the coast around the ty coch and that looks ideal for a bash. It will be pollock we would be after so any recommendations would be great thanks :thumbsup:

iank
Obsessed Poster

Re: Rock fishing near caernarfon

Postby iank » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 pm

Apart from being very scenic there's a few choices around Porth Dinllaen. Walk through the golf course to the (restricted) parking area for the Ty Coch then you need to head left across the fairway and there's a few marks around there. Alternatively continue along the road to the lifeboat parking area, go around the back of the tee and follow the path and there's a few marks around the back of the coastguard hut. Plenty of pollack and wrasse around there but expect to see a seal at some stage.

I'd guess, though that The travelling time from Caernarfon must be pretty much the same as going to the likes of Ty Croes on Anglesey.

Manofkent
Regular Poster

Postby Manofkent » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Thanks for the information it's just so I don't need to to go back on myself and also to try new places but will have a look down the ty coch area only been there once and that was just to the pub

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 pm

It's a cracking area, I love it but then again I'm biased, the in laws live there. Like most places it's well worth a good walk/ look around and you will find plenty of options.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Provided you don't mind a bit of a yomp and a bit of a scramble over rocks then Porth Dinllaen is an ideal place for a spot of lrf fishing. Guaranteed to pick up wrasse and pollack throughout the summer months and amongst some truly stunning surrounding too as Ian has mentioned.
Graham

2017 Species [16]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Some sound advice there ^^

Float fish some Rag or spinning with soft plastic's will find the Pollack and Wrasse
Kev

Manofkent
Regular Poster

Postby Manofkent » Tue May 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Return to “Venues Questions”