New Brighton high 9/9/2019

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

New Brighton high 9/9/2019

Postby whistleing sands » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:56 pm

fished the 25ft high water at New Brighton as I can stay down on the beach with it only being a small tide.
started 2 hours before high.
bait was fresh blow lug / outfit light bass rod / small fixed spool reel 10lb main line / 3ft running ledger with size 1 hook and barbs crushed.

I love this type of fishing up to my knees in the surf holding the rod waiting for that thump/thump from the small bass / but don't be put off by the small thing because I am fishing so light these fish can pull your arm off darting about in the surf?

short video of how the night session went few basslets landed and a few lost coming through the surf due to me crushing the barbs on the hooks I use
but to me its all about sport so I don't want to damage any fish just so I can have some pleasure.

link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWBcIGNv6k

if anyone would like to have a go at this type of fishing watch out on the fishing sessions I will post the next time the conditions are right and I am going ?

or if anyone would like to have a go by themselves they stay around till about the mid October time.

cheers Brian/whistleingsands
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

golfer
Regular Poster

Re: New Brighton high 9/9/2019

Postby golfer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:40 am

well done brian, good vid showing the fun the lttle ones can give.
I will have to give the light gear another go soon.
gary swift

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:45 am

Great session Brian. :clap: :clap: Just shows what's still out there. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Nice little session there Brian especially if your weren't using a light-tip, I struggle holding a rod feeling for the bites even in daylight :clap:
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Those bass certainly put up a good fight on light gear...nice session Brian. :thumbsup:

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Crackin video once again Brian :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Nice video Brian :clap: that’s the only technique I use when bass fishing, you feel every little take and get a beating from the surf for good measure :lol: you mentioned they came on the feed as it went dark, over here on the Liverpool side it doesn’t matter day or night, my best sessions have been daylight hours :thumbsup:

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:20 pm

geddo wrote:Nice video Brian :clap: that’s the only technique I use when bass fishing, you feel every little take and get a beating from the surf for good measure :lol: you mentioned they came on the feed as it went dark, over here on the Liverpool side it doesn’t matter day or night, my best sessions have been daylight hours :thumbsup:

yer same down here but the beach has changed over the last 3 months or so ? with the way the 2 shallow gullies have formed .
they now start from the t groin by where we cross for the rock channel

I was ok in front of the first one in the day light but then had a quiet spell ? it seemed they where very hesitant to come over the flat part of the sand till the 2 gully had a good depth to it ? I have not had that before .

but like you say its a very enjoyable way of fishing :thumbsup:

shame we don't get the odd bigger one like you do over your side / if we get a 2 pounder we have done very well

their is big bass at the end of perch rock groin but you really do have to put the work in and its impossible to bait fish lures only.
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Postby Crossbones » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Top effort fella...great looking schoolies
Simon

wrasseman
Regular Poster

Postby wrasseman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

great report, glad the silvers are still around, live fishing light for them, hoping to get a chance sat aft/evening

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Hoping to have a go myself this weekend fingers crossed :thumbsup: keep it going..

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:45 am

Nice one Brian gives you an insight on how aggressive there attacks on a bait can really be on the light gear, I find it really hard to put away the lighter gear and swap back to the beach casters , if it wasn't for the atmosphere of winter cod fishing I think I wouldnt bother.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”