New Brighton high 9/9/2019

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Brighton high 9/9/2019

Postby whistleing sands » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:56 pm

fished the 25ft high water at New Brighton as I can stay down on the beach with it only being a small tide.
started 2 hours before high.
bait was fresh blow lug / outfit light bass rod / small fixed spool reel 10lb main line / 3ft running ledger with size 1 hook and barbs crushed.

I love this type of fishing up to my knees in the surf holding the rod waiting for that thump/thump from the small bass / but don't be put off by the small thing because I am fishing so light these fish can pull your arm off darting about in the surf?

short video of how the night session went few basslets landed and a few lost coming through the surf due to me crushing the barbs on the hooks I use
but to me its all about sport so I don't want to damage any fish just so I can have some pleasure.

link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQWBcIGNv6k

if anyone would like to have a go at this type of fishing watch out on the fishing sessions I will post the next time the conditions are right and I am going ?

or if anyone would like to have a go by themselves they stay around till about the mid October time.

cheers Brian/whistleingsands
my sea fishing videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhImE ... Y5Q/videos
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

golfer
Super Poster

Re: New Brighton high 9/9/2019

Postby golfer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:40 am

well done brian, good vid showing the fun the lttle ones can give.
I will have to give the light gear another go soon.
gary swift

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:45 am

Great session Brian. :clap: :clap: Just shows what's still out there. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Seasicksteve
Super Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Nice little session there Brian especially if your weren't using a light-tip, I struggle holding a rod feeling for the bites even in daylight :clap:
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:18 pm

Those bass certainly put up a good fight on light gear...nice session Brian. :thumbsup:
2020 best of....

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Crackin video once again Brian :thumbsup:
Sea Fishing is the Dogs Danglies :D

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Nice video Brian :clap: that’s the only technique I use when bass fishing, you feel every little take and get a beating from the surf for good measure :lol: you mentioned they came on the feed as it went dark, over here on the Liverpool side it doesn’t matter day or night, my best sessions have been daylight hours :thumbsup:

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:20 pm

my sea fishing videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhImE ... Y5Q/videos
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Postby Crossbones » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Top effort fella...great looking schoolies
Simon

wrasseman
Regular Poster

Postby wrasseman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

great report, glad the silvers are still around, live fishing light for them, hoping to get a chance sat aft/evening

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Hoping to have a go myself this weekend fingers crossed :thumbsup: keep it going..

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:45 am

Nice one Brian gives you an insight on how aggressive there attacks on a bait can really be on the light gear, I find it really hard to put away the lighter gear and swap back to the beach casters , if it wasn't for the atmosphere of winter cod fishing I think I wouldnt bother.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”