session cut short

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

session cut short

Postby whistleing sands » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 am

fished New Brighton last night mid tide was hoping for some nice lively sea like during the day but when I got down their after defrosting some bait the wind had changed to a strong south and totally flattened the sea down ? so I new it would not fish for the bass .

but seeing as I was down their I had a go anyway for a couple of hours first cast out and while watching the rod tip noticed this dark shape coming towards me on the sand put my head torch on it turned out to be a guillemot pulling it self along by its wings I assumed it had some sort of damage to its legs ? I didn't have a clue of what to do I felt so sorry for the poor thing / so I reeled in and put it in a carrier bag I had and took it back to the car where I had an old neck snood wrapped it up in this to keep it warm and placed it back in the bag and hung it on the white coast guard station door in the hope that some one would see it and know what to do with the poor thing.

back down on the beach and third cast a nice plump plaice then the wind got even stronger and the place was just dead apart form a large fox walking up and down the beach behind me very time I put any light on it stood still with red eyes shining wright back at me / good job I moved the bird he would of had it no problem.

https://youtu.be/69yKoDIY2YA?t=12
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: session cut short

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 am

Well done Brian. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:49 am

That's fishing sometimes never goes to plan :roll:

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:52 am

it is surprising that the family of beach foxes have been on the beach for years now
they must have a good feed over low water on are left over bait :lol:
or they have a good taste for peeler crab. :thumbsup:

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:46 pm

At least you never blanked ay Brian , nice plaice for your efforts. :clap:
I would have left the bird, probably nothing anyone could have done for it, fox would of dispatched it put it out of its misery. :o
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”