Vale park ,HW, Sunday 1/9/18

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Vale park ,HW, Sunday 1/9/18

Postby Trishy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:09 pm

Fished the final Sefton SAC summer league match at Vale Park over high water on Sunday. 17 anglers fished and it was tough going with quite a few blanks.Those who did catch caught varied species with flounder ,plaice ,sole ,whiting ,codling dogfish and a surprise Tub gurnard caught. Conditions were quite rough with the odd wave coming over . We were fishing on the conversion system and Phil Foster won with a solitary dogfish
Steve Thomas was second with a nice sole and small codling .Les , my dad was 3rd with a flounder and 2 plaice while I finished just out of the money with a flounder and a whiting. Various baits caught. Think the Mersey is a bit quiet across the board at the moment. Big thanks to Mark Allanson for organising and running the match.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Vale park ,HW, Sunday 1/9/18

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:38 am

Thanks for the info Ste. :clap: :clap: Fills me with confidence for Sundays match. :help: :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Very informative post as usual ste and well done to your dad :thumbsup:. Not much out from 17 anglers, just goes to show there isn't much out there inland of the river
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:Thanks for the info Ste. :clap: :clap: Fills me with confidence for Sundays match. :help: :lol: :lol:

Totally different venue over low water Ste

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Trishy wrote:
Steve Duffy wrote:Thanks for the info Ste. :clap: :clap: Fills me with confidence for Sundays match. :help: :lol: :lol:

Totally different venue over low water Ste

Here's hoping. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”