session behind morrisons

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

session behind morrisons

Postby whistleing sands » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:12 am

me and paul tucker ak starfish
fished 3 hours before low and 2 up the fishing was unusually slow given the tide and conditions we fished in ?

I had a blank with just bait robbing crabs / paul managed a good size common smooth hound of eight and three quarter pounds mid tide see link.
https://youtu.be/9hoBEheocqE
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: session behind morrisons

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:30 am

Thanks for that Brian.Its strange how Perch sometimes turns off. :think: Well done Paul,nice hound. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:08 am

Lovely hound Paul :clap:, unlucky on the blank Brian, will make you more determined for next time, did yas fish between the t-groyne and the double slip
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:53 am

Steve 's
yes its another one of them sheep fishermen things everyone following each other? to all the marks that get reports.
when their is good fishing in other places that no one bothers to fish? or experiment trying out different spots.

you get the hounds at the rock channel / perch rock / and as reported vale and ths .
but no one seem to fish sections of beach in-between the rock channel and perch or perch and vale and again vale to ths

we fished straight out from perch rock car park a long side the groin at the back of the light house / you have no snags no floating oops to put up with you can hold bottom very easy and you can fish it back up a least 3 hours without any worries .
the water gets shallower the further you go to the t-groin

only thing I haven't had from this section is rays? / you also have blow lug on the beach to pump or dig while fishing.

the winter fishing is good also plenty of whiting dabs flounder dogfish and some better size cod if you can get through the hoards of very small codling .
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:52 am

it came in at 8 . 9 . 0 :thumbsup:

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:32 pm

whistleing sands wrote:Steve 's
yes its another one of them sheep fishermen things everyone following each other? to all the marks that get reports.
when their is good fishing in other places that no one bothers to fish? or experiment trying out different spots.

you get the hounds at the rock channel / perch rock / and as reported vale and ths .
but no one seem to fish sections of beach in-between the rock channel and perch or perch and vale and again vale to ths

we fished straight out from perch rock car park a long side the groin at the back of the light house / you have no snags no floating oops to put up with you can hold bottom very easy and you can fish it back up a least 3 hours without any worries .
the water gets shallower the further you go to the t-groin

only thing I haven't had from this section is rays? / you also have blow lug on the beach to pump or dig while fishing.

the winter fishing is good also plenty of whiting dabs flounder dogfish and some better size cod if you can get through the hoards of very small codling .

I understand what you mean Brian but as I've only had 1 decent hound out I need to maximise my chances of landing another before there gone. Once I've had a few under my belt I will try for them
at Crosby/Formby over low which will probably be next year now. Am sure there would be a few bass at the mark you and Paul fished too as I've noticed a small bank then a decent stretch holding water on my way off perch, tbh I'd rather fish early morning or evening tides as I find fishing at night on beaches is harder work in general but its then a case of sharing the place with everyone ( kids swimming in the sea, dogs weeing on your bag etc) else with the exception of perch/rock channel/Vale I'm out tomorrow for maybe last chance saloon at the smuts
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

BigD

Postby BigD » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Went there with me dad on Sunday, just a small hound, it was a hard few hrs fishing

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:26 am

Well in lads, change of venue keeps it interesting and it shows the spread of the hounds, has anyone tried up as far as Bromborough /Eastham for them? :think:

squid
Regular Poster

Postby squid » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:03 am

Did a session over at Mariners last night about half way along behind flats. Quiet over there too except for the crabs. Had one thornback about 5lb on three sandeel wrapped with squid just on turn of tide at high water. Didn't see anything else caught.

Cheers

Rich
chuck 'em a big one

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Unlucky Brian, nice hound Paul cracker that. :clap:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

mark davies
Regular Poster

Postby mark davies » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Nice session never even thought of fishing there just usually head for the usual places I have fished before

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”