Cemaes Bay

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Cemaes Bay

Postby neil.price37 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:55 am

My youngest lad has been asking for our yearly llandudno beach trip for macky but were lucky if we get 1 or 2 tbh cause I'm carp at macky bashing, so decided to cheat an take the yak over to the island, had a word at malcs after buying some sabikis and rag just incase, and somehow ended up with even more bass lures :roll: (I don't even know how that happened his shop just sucks you in :lol:) he reliably pointed me in the direction of Cemaes Bay somewhere I've never fished so was looking forward to it and wow what a view :DImage
looking back to shore
Start of my drift in the current from headland
First drift across and my lad perched in the middle of the yak shouts I've got something and it's fighting :D
And this is how it continued, taking home only the best sized until he was bored........ 2 and a bit hours later :shock:,i took him inshore to show the Mrs what he had caught and before we had sat down she'd buggered off with my kayak and gone after some :lol: :lol:.
When she got back with her 3 macky (1 being the biggest :evil:) I remembered I'd bought rag too so headed out on a blast for the minis, sabikis tipped with rag bits done the business for a mix of bitsImage
ImageImage
Worms bigger than the fish :oops: nothing reel screaming but entertainment watching them attack in the clear water.After I'd used up the rag i left him to play for a bit before driving home Image,
He was asleep before we even hit Moelfre :bored: so if you need some bait for the winter whiting /thornys get yourself down there while the weathers nice :D

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Cemaes Bay

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:21 am

Great session Neil. :clap: :clap: Always good to see the youngsters getting stuck in. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:41 pm

well nice family day out that one Neil and all caught fish as well :clap: :clap: :clap:
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Nice 1 Neil, great to see you got your family into the fishing and no blanks, them kayaks look great fun :thumbsup:
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm

nice report and pics Neil

Maerig the hunter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Maerig the hunter » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Great report. Wish I could get my lads into fishing, and to have a wife who fishes too :shock:
Some blokes just have it all. :drool:
2019 species: Whiting, bass flounder, 6 1/2lb gilt bream Oh Yes what a beaut monsieur! :dance:

Happiness is a rod in my hand : Shakespeare

wrasseman
Regular Poster

Postby wrasseman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:44 am

great report,
got a cabin at Church Bay but rarely fish cemaes bay ,cabin's rented out most of summer, so usually fish june and sept when I'm there to do maintenance which means plenty of Macs, pollack and wrasse off the rocks and bass off the beaches, given half a chance I'd move out there but need to work to pay the bills!

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Great report Neil, always good getting the family involved. :thumbsup:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

mark davies
Regular Poster

Postby mark davies » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Looks like you had a great day conditions looked lovely to be on the water.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”