Crosby baths

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Crosby baths

Postby Seasicksteve » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Decided to have a go for the bass today, a nice easy session using fresh lug, I usually pump blowlug first then start fishing 2hrs after low. There was a nice westerly breeze which was putting a nice surf on the water.i fished 4 b4 and 2 after. Using a 2 hook flapper with 2/0 's and black amnesia hook lengths and a 4 oz pyramid lead. First cast produced my fist bass of the day
https://imgur.com/a/jys3n0n . Total for the day was 4 schoolies, an eel, a small flounder and plaice :thumbsup:. First time I've fished this mark this year and the gullie that ran along the beach had disappeared? But persevered anyway. I know the coastguard station produces some bigger bass but it gets busy with regulars but will go there on night tides which isn't as busy. I suppose it's the same at most beach venues you have to learn the area/ground so will go on a reccie to seek out the gullies and rougher ground. It's not a vast beach compared to formby so I'll keep trying for a keeper until maybe October

Thanks Seasicksteve :D
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Re: Crosby baths

Postby whistleing sands » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:26 pm

like it Steve
your busy with the fishing session ?

never fished any venue that side myself / worked over their and walked a few of the beaches / but actually fishing them is too much hassle for me going through the traffic and the tunnel ?
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Had 2 days off work so made the most of it. I was laid up for over 12mths with a L4/5 disc bulge so playing catch up :). Apart from the cod marks in the Mersey it's another 10 mile north to Crosby/Formby as well as fighting threw the traffic plus roadworks so know what you mean. Its prob easier to get to the wirral marks, Ive only fished hoyle once so mainly ths around to Harrison drive
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:30 am

Nice steve never fished there meself like, freshfield always throws up a decent bass or 2 this time of year, but its always chocker with beach goers, better on the night tides when everyone has gone. :D
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:51 pm

Well done mate, busy session there :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:33 am

Great session, loads of action on a nice beach and you can't beat collecting fresh bait while you fish :D

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”