2 matches over the weekend

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

2 matches over the weekend

Postby Trishy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Fished two matches over the weekend.
First up was The arches , Colwyn bay over low on a Saturday evening .This was a North west association of sea angling clubs (NWASAC) personal members match . Dogfish were the most likely target in this length to weight conversions match. 15 anglers lined up and everyone launched baits out . I had a wide variety with me but concentrated on Sandeel and rag worm. Well, it was dire . Only 5 dogs were caught and I didn’t get one ,Ste Bonner had the biggest , so took 1st. 4 tiny whiting saved a complete blank , ah well always tomorrow.
Tomorrow came and I found myself booking on to the NWASAC Summer League match at the bottom of Tobin street 2 zones on Maddoks side ,2 zones town hall side. Again a variety of baits went out but peeler was key for the small flounder that were in front of me . I had England internationals Heather and Bill Lindfield either side of me and I couldn’t keep up with them but 5 on my card in the first hour wasn’t bad It went quiet for a bit and then I noticed Jim Morris pull in a tone pup from further out . Decided to go out as the close in gulley had died off a bit. First cast out and got a 36cm tope on black and mackerel , try again, couple of blank cast , come short , another small flounder , another blank cast shirt , out again. Started tidying around my peg as it looked like a bomb site and noticed a small bugger on my rod tip , left it for a bit , nodded , so started reeling , didn’t feel like much till about 30 yards out then felt much more weight .it stayed down till right by the wall , then up popped a big Plaice! Pulled it over the railing and a big smile beamed across my face.41cm and a fat thing , weighed in at1 lb 14 ounce well worth coming out for . That was my last fish of the match . Further excitement came when Ste Bonner came past me walking to the steps with a nice Smoothound on , walked it to the steps and up onto the prom 91cm and he took the biggest round while I took the biggest flat . I also finished 6th out of 25 which isn’t bad . 8 fish for 206cm. Bill Lindfield won it with 15 flounder for 339cm . Despite the struggle at Colwyn , enjoyable weekend!
Tight lines

roy.s
Super Poster

Re: 2 matches over the weekend

Postby roy.s » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:22 pm

Great report Steve, lots of info. The Mersey producing the goods again. :thumbsup:
2019 species...….Dab, Whiting, Codling, Plaice, 5 Bearded Rockling, Flounder, Dogfish, Thornback Ray, Bass, Silver eel, Weever, Smoothhound,
2018 species.......16
2017 species.......17

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 am

Thanks for these match reports Steve, as it's a reliable way for non match anglers to see what's really about at a venue.

Seasicksteve
Regular Poster

Postby Seasicksteve » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:02 am

Very Im formative ste and a good read, well done especially amongst that premier league of anglers :clap:, you certainly put the time and effort into your fishing
Getting out fishing is good for the soul, catching is a bonus

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:29 am

Great result Ste. :clap: :clap: Its fantastic to see small tope coming out.Maybe in a year or 2 we will be launching half a mackie out on a 8/0. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:15 am

Great stuff Ste and a fine plaice to finish with. :thumbsup:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”