outsider looking in

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Re: outsider looking in

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Why don’t Wirral Sea Fishing have a Facebook page. I’ve seen one but not much one it. I think you’d get a lot more interest if wsf had one as Facebook now is the best social media site. I don’t really bother with sites anymore as Facebook has all I want to see. The lads on this forum that I know are good lads and I have made many friends on this site. But I have too noticed that it’s nowhere near as active as it used to be. I try and put reports up if I have time as I like the forum. But I really do think a Facebook group would work for wsf.
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 am

Couldn't agree less with you Jamie. ...there's a complete lack of structure on FB pages which makes it almost impossible to search for info you may need.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:25 am

correct me if I am wrong but I think WSF already has a facebook page.

I personally started this thread because I think its the only genuine fishing forum that gives accurate fishing reports with detail information.
and if that's not enough then you can reply to the posts and ask in detail for more information which 9 times out of 10 you will get a reply either in a reply post or via a private message.

I also think the site is small compared to others but massive in its information and help you can get ? just look at some of the previous post you have more replies to topics than any other sites gets. plus you don't get as much cocky and sarcastic remarks on this site or the its my secret and I am not telling you lot about it thing that goes on with other sites.

I keep in touch with quite a few members off this site via text or phone calls and we regally exchange fishing information which is a great thing as we sometimes fish the same venue but on different days and its shows how different the fishing is on each day and how much more we learn about that venue through each other ? again I would not of known Theas people without being on WSF.

I will also hold my hands up and say I did what this thread is about ? I left the site and didn't post anything even through I was still active fishing and bait collecting .
I went on to do my own thing on youtube it was only after looking in one day that I realised the site had gone really quite because of the likes of me and others where not posting on wsf / so I had to make amends for that dissension by starting this thread.

and yes the site will always go a bit quiet during the months when the fishing is slow ? that's fishing.
Last edited by whistleing sands on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:03 am

As you say Jamie we do have a FB page but it is not run like a forum.I have recently asked that people who checkout the FB page consider joining the forum as there is a lot more to see and they will get all questions answered quickly.We have had 6 or 7 new members to the forum in the past few weeks.In a lot of cases we get people joining but not activating their account.I now activate all accounts as in the past trolls and scammers use this type of account.We would have 3000 members if I allowed unactivated accounts. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who want to join from Russia :lol: :lol: At any one time we can have up to 60 people looking in as guests.I don't know why as they can't see all the site.I did put a post up asking that they join but time will tell.If anyone feels they would like to run the Facebook page in anyway they see fit then please say so and I will arrange for you to take my place.Then you can answer questions from people who want to know how the fishing is going at Brighton main beach or what rigs to use at Dungeness.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”