outsider looking in

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

mark davies
Regular Poster

Re: outsider looking in

Postby mark davies » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:53 pm

I originally joined the forum in 2005 but gave up fishing in 2009 I started fishing again last year and rejoined the forum. I agree it's changed but still alot of the original members still around I get most of my information on here with regards to venues ect in the knowledge that the information is trusted and written by someone who has personal experience of the venues and find the directions brilliant. I try and fish as many of the matches that are organised both summer and winter and as Steve said everyone is made to feel welcome . it's great to meet up with everyone and the advice given by each other and experience's shared are invaluable.my 10 year old son has started fishing with me and all the lads have given him great support and made welcome. It's not serious match fishing the atmosphere is more of a get together. As where else do the organisers and fellow competitors provide you with fresh bait. Great group of lads and yes would be great to see more reports and discussions but if you ask a question you will always get a reply and the reports that are put up are great and if you know the lads you know it's true . So great forum, great lads long may it last.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:19 am

mark davies wrote:I originally joined the forum in 2005 but gave up fishing in 2009 I started fishing again last year and rejoined the forum. I agree it's changed but still alot of the original members still around I get most of my information on here with regards to venues ect in the knowledge that the information is trusted and written by someone who has personal experience of the venues and find the directions brilliant. I try and fish as many of the matches that are organised both summer and winter and as Steve said everyone is made to feel welcome . it's great to meet up with everyone and the advice given by each other and experience's shared are invaluable.my 10 year old son has started fishing with me and all the lads have given him great support and made welcome. It's not serious match fishing the atmosphere is more of a get together. As where else do the organisers and fellow competitors provide you with fresh bait. Great group of lads and yes would be great to see more reports and discussions but if you ask a question you will always get a reply and the reports that are put up are great and if you know the lads you know it's true . So great forum, great lads long may it last.

Thanks for that Mark. :love: :love: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Postby neil.price37 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:03 am

There's loads of life left in wsf, the matches look really good and would like to try a few in the winter league as I used to fish them years ago when kev an sven used to run them but work got in the way :(
A few lure only fishing meets would be really interesting, a load of us swamp an area lrf style see what comes out,lure fishing fits everyone's lifestyle turn up tie on a lure, go fish and I'm sure there would be a few surprises.
the reports are the lifeblood of a site like this and i remember how much they helped me when I started fishing (wsf put me onto my first thorny years back :)) don't fall into the old story that your reports will make every wirral angler descend in on your mark as word of mouth travels just as quick between us fishermen anyway.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:45 am

lrf match would be really interesting / if some one could make it happen? even the small groins around the Wirral through up all types of small fish that you would never know where their.

a lot of people totally dismiss lrf saying that's not proper fishing ?
I can only reply to that by saying it good and addictive fun / very light going / constantly searching around so never gets slow or boring
but most of all its amazing the range of fish from tiny mini to the surprise decent fish.

lrf is on the same lines as quiver fishing the course anglers do / them little fish give a very good account of them selves and can pull your arm off on the very light rods and line we use.
I fish for the enjoyment I get out of it and the sport the fish provide ?

shore man

Postby shore man » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

was a member of the pms for years and an keen sea angler but unfortunately old age came along and ill health but think the site is great andstill get out occasionally with the gran kids ,its a great hobby and I am amazed how the river has improved. species are being caught I never dreamed would come off perch. keep the site going please

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 pm

I have had a read through this topic and i have the same opinion as the rest, it is a very good forum with some great people on it and some i have been fishing with.
I know Big Kev has left and he did a lot for this site.. but for me Steve is still here and does a great job on this site too like it's been said before he is always first to reply and answer any questions in the right way too :D.

I also have a quick look in to see what's going on but for some reason i don't get out much these days only fished twice this year and thinking about it yes i should of done a post .

I hold my hands up i like( photos) for me it memories so am happy to pose for a pic :lol:.
But because i don't fish as much not through lack of trying I just think it's not worth it and that's the problem anything is better than nothing.
I guess that's why this question has popped up.
Like we are all saying it's a good site with some great advice i know people dip in and out but that's life and you can never please everyone we all know that :roll: to well....
Mr Duffy is always helpful so yes i agree let's give him some support..
I think the matches are well run anyway by Adam so no worries there...

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:03 pm

I must admit I have not been on here as much as I used to, I have seen the lack of interest over the last year or so, I feel I owe a lot to this site is the people I have met and the knowledge I have picked up along the way, I used to enjoy the fish and meets, I enjoyed doing some matches but gave that up as I am just not match prepared. I enjoyed doing the specimen trophy the most however, even though it was only for fun it required a lot of fishing time to chase the species and that did put a lot of people off, I hope we can revive this site as it would be a great shame to see it dissappear, The FB sites are just full of people reporting their catch, nothing about what venue and method used to catch the fish and I do miss all that, out of all the members on the site only a handful post anything, I think we should have a shake up of the site and hope we can get it all going again.
The Wrassewrangler

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:28 pm

I would just like to say thanks for the positive replies to my post and support for Steve Duffy regarding getting WSF going again.
PLEASE DON'T ANYONE TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY.
its just my observation over the last week on this forum.

one thing I don't understand is since I did this post I have made an effort to look in before going to work and popping in and out of an evening.
it would seem that the site has a very healthy gust presence of 20 - 30 ? most times I have looked in.
now is this just members that are not logging in or is it people that don't want to join the site? but read what's going on anyway .
I have also recognized members from when I was last active on the site that have logged but don't leave any sort of comment ?

if the reports section and the match section doesn't seem to interest you / then I feel it would be very helpful for Steve DUFFY as the only MODARATOR left trying to cope with this forum.

if you could a least help him in commenting on what you would like to see or read ?
I say this because if we could convert the guests into active members then I think the forum would be a lot stronger .

it seems that the fishing reports and match section is ticking over ok / and all the other sections have gone dormant?

CHEERS BRIAN.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:38 pm

We do get a lot of visitors who look in but say and do nothing.In the early days we used to get lots of peeps who didn't active their account.They are probably the ones just looking.I don't let anyone join the site who doesn't activate their account as these accounts are often trolls and scammers etc.I shut the registration down every now and then to catch my breath as the amount of things I have to delete behind the scenes gets a bit much.Your post has sparked a good bit of interest Brian :thumbsup: and I think we will see more interest as the winter fishing picks up.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Postby Crossbones » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:12 pm

I'm one of the relatively quiet posters. Unlike you lucky lads I live nigh on 50 miles inland, so my fishing is limited and when I do get out I am actually fishing for keepers (I cook and eat practically everything I land that is insize)....so my reports are pretty boring - Whiting, Dabs, Cod, Flounder etc. I promise myself that when I retire I am going to dedicate time to landing some more adventurous species and to finding my own bait.

I started fishing seriously in 2009 and the information on here over the years has been fantastic and hugely valuable.
Simon

mark davies
Regular Poster

Postby mark davies » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:24 pm

The amount of posts/replies to this post does actually show how much we all care about this site .And the people who run it and use it.we just need to use it a bit more and be a bit more active and I am guilty of that .And alot of faces have changed over the years but the way everyone is with each other is just the same . Because it was set on that path by the great bunch of guys who started it all.

wrasseman
Regular Poster

Postby wrasseman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:32 am

time is always the issue with work, family, living 30 miles from the coast etc etc I'm lucky if I can get fishing more than once a month but really appreciate the site for reports and a weekly dose of fishing from the reports pages, had some fun at a few of the winter matches last season, registered for the summer ones but not been able to get to one.
I really appreciate all the input from the guys who fish more often and the advice given over the years. and try and post on the rare occassions I get out to wet a line.
Thanks to the reports forum, I have taken five newbies on the mersey over the last 12 months, they've caught doggies, whiting, codling, rays, smoothies, plaice, dabs, flounder, starfish and crabs and three of them are really hooked and have now got their own gear, though they only get out as often as me, but if it wasn't for the site and help given, they'd probably be blanking and lose interest quickly.
so thanks mods. and everyone who takes time to post and reply.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:06 pm

I will repeat my self once again thanks to every one that has responded to this post and the regulars that where already active before this post for your support for this fishing site :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: .

some times it just takes a nudge or something to start the ball off again then every one joins in / i also like that it seems a common thing that a lot of members can't get out fishing but enjoy reading what others get up to / plus reading the day to day topics and questions as this gives them just as much satisfaction as when they where able to get out fishing.

i also get as much enjoyment from reading and chatting over topics SO LETS KEEP IT GOING PLEASE.

and lets see if we can get a lot of the just onlookers getting involved as well?

and my last comment on this subject A VERY BIG WELL DONE TO MR STEVE DUFFY FOR CARRYING THIS SITE ON HIS SHOULDERS :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 am

Looks like i should have left ages ago :lol: :lol: As Brian has said,it`s a great site with many helpful members,but if toooo many just sit there without posting,then it dies.Lets hope the current trend continues,and people get involved instead of leaving it to the usual suspects :idea: . I can guarantee that meeting up with forum members will improve your fishing and bait collecting skills ,so look out in the fishing sessions section and come along. :thumbsup: The winter league is just around the corner and offers a format where anyone can win,apart from having a good day out with the lads,so look out for Adam`s announcement.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:35 pm

nice to see you back on Kev
I am sure your presence will give the site a boost as well
as regards the guests I and it seems a lot of others don't get why they just look in ?
the gust numbers at anyone time can be 20 - 60 on most days ? WHY BOTHER to keep looking in and not participating asking questions or giving advice as Steve has said the site is free to register any way?

and as you say the posting of intended fishing sessions or bait collecting is an excellent way for any type of angler experienced or not to learn even more than they presently know now.

plus a lot of anglers that I speak to have reservations of fishing some where new during the darkness mainly due to the worries of the tide coming in behind them and feeling unsafe on their own / so again posting when someone is going fishing gives others the opportunity to come along and fish with the feel of safety in numbers thing and the comfort and peace that others know the area that's being fished therefore reassuring them they are safe and can enjoy the fishing with someone at a new venue.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”