Perch Rock during the storm!!

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

dryfly
Regular Poster

Perch Rock during the storm!!

Postby dryfly » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 pm

This rain has completely scuppered my trout fishing on the River Eden, so after reading all the good reports from the Mersey I thought a first trip since january was in order. Still had squid, bluey and some peeler in the freezer, so off to New Brighton for 12.30. 3 other rods out and it was blowing a hoolie, but from my back so not so bad. Anyway I think there is too much fresh in the river ( really shifting through in warrington) as bites were thin on the ground. Managed a 2.5lb doggie on bluey, but no rays or hounds. Might give it another go tomorrow as still have bait left and the Eden has risen to over 2.5m ( was 0.3m last sunday).

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Perch Rock during the storm!!

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Great effort. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

dryfly
Regular Poster

Postby dryfly » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Went back yesterday from 12.30-15.30. Not a touch. 9 other rods out and saw one small ray caught.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 am

dryfly wrote:Went back yesterday from 12.30-15.30. Not a touch. 9 other rods out and saw one small ray caught.

Should fish better as the tides get bigger. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”