Last couple of sessions.......early doors !

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

roy.s
Super Poster

Last couple of sessions.......early doors !

Postby roy.s » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:46 pm

Having had to miss the last summer league match due to a dodgy back, I was eager to get out again and wet a line. Decided on a very early morning session at Perch rock, mid week. Still, calm humid conditions on a beautiful summers morning, I was on the bank for 04 :20 am. I thought I would be the only one mad enough to be out, but no ! two other anglers were already fishing away, including Paul Tucker who had already bagged 3 hounds !
My first fish was a thorny, then a steady run of hounds up to around the 6lb mark. Bites died off towards low water. Once the tide turned and the flood kicked in, Paul called it a day, having taken 7 hounds and a good sized whiting. I took my last hound in the early flood, the smallest of about 3lb.
I decided to move up river and fish near to the river breakwater, no more hounds, but a couple of decent flounder to 4/0 hooks and crab bait !
Ended up with 5 hounds, 1 ray and 2 flounder.

Next session was Saturday morning, again early doors LW, with baits in the water for 05:45 am. Weather was a becoming more unsettled now, so I had my fingers crossed that the hounds would still be around. I wasn't to be disappointed, although first two fish were small thornbacks...

Then the hounds came on the feed.... non stop action, often with both rods with fish on :roll: :roll: :roll:

A few more thornback taken just before LW, then a couple more hounds on early flood, before losing a good fish which took off towards Seaforth at pace :roll:
Ended this session with 8 hounds and 5 thornies…...is Perch becoming the new Talacre ? :)
No double figure hounds in this session, but good sport non the less. I will be trying squid as bait soon, hoping to tempt a big one....if I can get through the thornies !!!
2019 species...….Dab, Whiting, Codling, Plaice, 5 Bearded Rockling, Flounder, Dogfish, Thornback Ray, Bass, Silver eel, Weever, Smoothhound,
2018 species.......16
2017 species.......17

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Last couple of sessions.......early doors !

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:15 am

Great fishing Roy. :clap: :clap: The rock channel could become a thing of the past. :think:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 pm

good fishing roy and good to see you back out :thumbsup:

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:51 pm

good sesh we had there roy :D
i had 7 hounds all around the 3 to 4 mark with the biggest coming in at 8.3.0. :thumbsup:

and we both hooked the same thornback ray at the same time :lol:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”