Kayak sesh new brighton

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

neil.price37
Obsessed Poster

Kayak sesh new brighton

Postby neil.price37 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am

Had a little bash right tight to the gulleys, groins and mussel beds around Harrison drive on the flood the other dayImage
Alot of May bloom about on early flood
and after speaking to a few of the small boat lads I was thinking it was just going to be just a lazy day in the sun, but 15 mins after most of them left (oh thanks to the knobhead who left at light speed about 20ft from me sending a wash straight at me :evil: )I was into the fish with a flounder, unimpressed with it taking my first crab bait, I didn't get a pic.
But next bait a 1/2 crab with a sliver of sandeel tip I got something more tasty :D
After landing that and starting on the packed lunch I noticed some terns and gulls slamming into the sea, so not needing any excuse to start throwing plugs and two casts in and the spiky whitings where obviously to blame for the commotion.
Off ya go 8) Image
As quick as it began it was over so got back into the plaice straight away
Bit better this one but I had one so he got let go.
Tide was just breaking over the other side of the bank and the gulleys to the rock channel was just looking good to me and knowing the schoolies would be waiting I hoped to hit them before the lads on the wall could reach the water.
First drop
By now I'd ran out of crab and changed over to some blacks/yellow tails and was into another almost as quick.
Another released but great fun on an lrf rod and 5lb fireline :D
By now the sea had hit the wall and the sea cat was coming so I upped anchor and tried to surf all the waves I could that come off it on the way in, so much fun, out for hounds this week but that means I've gotta row a good bit further out :roll: :lol:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Kayak sesh new brighton

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 am

Great session Neil. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

marksovereign

Re: Kayak sesh new brighton

Postby marksovereign » Thu May 16, 2019 10:54 am

Great Report. I was talking to a Kayakar at Prestatyn on Sunday it looks like a lot of fun.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”