Eobc

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

wrasseman

Eobc

Postby wrasseman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Dug fresh worms on the wirral friday lunchtime then headed to withernsea for the match. queued nearly 2hrs fri evening to book in, fished north of withernsea on sat. plenty of undersized dabs and whiting but no Cod. Got one whiting big enough to weigh in which gave me 352nd place out of 491 who weighed in over the weekend.(over 1500 fished) I fished mappleton on sunday, again plenty of small stuff but nothing to weigh in. Look out for post from others who were more successful, particularly a junior member who got on the prize board, but I'll let him tell you about it.
Organisation not too clever what with the queue to book in on friday and the chaos getting onto the site to weigh-in on Sat. hope they get better carpark stewards next year. great prize table for top 20 each day plus massive array of raffle prizes, hope to get over again next year. check out the eobc website for full results

mark davies
Regular Poster

Re: Eobc

Postby mark davies » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:48 pm

Was nice to meet up with you on Saturday night didn't see you on Sunday and wondered how you got on we fished the middle of withernsea on sat and fished withernsea south on Sunday same result as you small stuff coming in but nothing to weigh in..we fished the flattie bash on Friday and as you said Daniel had a better day in the juniors finishing 4th .It was a great weekend with great company meeting up with team Bonners bait and tackle and if memory serves me right Mr dick dangler finished 18th on the Saturday in the main event

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

wrasseman

Postby wrasseman » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:50 pm

good to see you too Mark, hope to see you again at the summer league

Milligan
Regular Poster

Postby Milligan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi, not sure if you are aware, but the positions were altered when a certain chap was outed for weighing in a ray that had allegedly been purchased from a boat skipper.

Not sure if any further action has been taken, but I understand he was disqualified and had to hand back his winnings.

This type of thing has dogged the EOBC for years,it makes a mockery of all the hard work put in to make it an event that brings anglers of all levels together for a showcase finale.

A sad day for open matches... I used to fish it,years ago, but stopped because of just such criminality, it is impossible to compete against people who will do anything to win, the large cash prize brings out the worst in some people, which is sad because it only takes one person to tarnish an event such as the EOBC, where anglers travel from the length and breadth of the UK and abroad to compete.

Pegged matches seem the way forward, where the angler on the next peg can verify a catch.
Because of the nature of the Yorkshire coast, the number of anglers fishing, and the logistics, I can never see the EOBC managing this .

Millsy

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”