THS Mon 21st.

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Milligan
Regular Poster

THS Mon 21st.

Postby Milligan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Arrived and fishing for about half three, Low tide around 6 pm. quite nippy out on the sand, but hopeful .

Just fished the one rod, with friend doing same, using large baits, frozen blacks, squid, razor in various combinations, I would like to say it was hectic, :think: ,first cast resulted in a decent dab, how it managed to get such a big pennel rigged bait with a 4/o down its neck is beyond me, snipped the hook snood and pulled the hook out from where it had protruded , hopefully no damage to the fish, it swam away OK, new trace and out again, same bait at distance.

Sat waiting for something to happen, eventually the rod Tip nodded and a smallish Codling, about a pound appeared..
And that was it whilst fishing the sand, we plugged away trying different tactics , but the fish were obstinate, my mate managed a Dab, and a few crabs..

Eventually we were washed off the beach without any further annoyance from any fish, and went to the car for a warm up and a coffee, sandwiches and discussion as to where next, as we were already there, a walk down to the THS and a comfortable couple of hours or so seemed a good idea, plus as my mate has just had a knee replacement he was not up for walking any further.

As we made our way down the prom, the heavens opened and boy did it rain, and never looked like stopping for the rest of the evening , anyway, I stuck with the one rod, my mate Graham, a glutton for punishment set up a scratching rod, as well as a bait for something bigger on his other rod, he is usually good at finding something using small hook scratching rigs, something that doesnt interest me at all, so I left him messing about with flappers and small hooks.

I banged out another big pennel bait, and eventually was rewarded with another Dab and a decent Whiting, again the dab took the whole lot, greedy little so and so, I managed to remove the hooks without any problem, those were the only two bites I had whilst fishing off the Prom, even the crabs were not interested, Graham managed a second dab and a Micro whiting , and that was it, thoroughly wet through on the outside, and seeing as the rain was set in for the duration we decided that fishing the tide down was just a waste of time, so headed off home on the 65 mile journey back to West Yorks.

There were a couple of others fishing a bit further down, amd they seemed to be having the same luck as we had had, they were still there when we left, so I hope they managed something a bit better., We had a white out with the snow on the M62 on the way back, and when crossing the moors it only got worse, I was quite happy to get home and in the dry and warm.

Maybe next time we will do a bit better, top marks to anybody who was out in that downpour last night and scored a fish or two.

Millsy

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: THS Mon 21st.

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 pm

Brave lads.Great effort. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Re: THS Mon 21st.

Postby Crossbones » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:48 pm

Hardcore stuff ...top effort :clap:
Simon

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”