Otterspool13/1/19 NWASAC Top30

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Otterspool13/1/19 NWASAC Top30

Postby Trishy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:05 am

Actually top 26 as some couldn’t make it. Drew peg 3 , wanted a higher number really in my experience . The weather was challenging to say the least with a strong westerly blowing through. With a bit of determination and the correct gear managed to get my bigloo up so at least fishing in comfort! A variety of baits but really should have made the effort and outlay to get fresh crab , whites and creeper!
All in went at 11 and by me the fishing was quite slow but managed a few small codling to frozen crab and squid. The weather made fishing difficult for all and the lack of fish for myself saw me trying different bait combos , snood lengths ,lead designs and distances. A few prayers were recited also !
Managed 3 codling 4 whiting and a dab of 25cm ( if only in a different match!) for 208cm No excuses got best by better anglers around me but as always learnt a bit and enjoyed it anyway!
Dave G Hutchinson from Morcambe won it with 26 fish from the high number pegs
Heather Lindfield had the biggest fish , a nice codling if 52cm , about 3 lb. Well done to Bill and Heather for organising it and all the winners
Trying to plan work and family now for the next match but might have to get some brownie points first !

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Otterspool13/1/19 NWASAC Top30

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 am

Well done Ste. :clap: :clap: The weather did look rough.I did wonder if you'd got ya tent up. :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Re: Otterspool13/1/19 NWASAC Top30

Postby Trishy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 pm

[quote="Steve Duffy"]Well done Ste. :clap: :clap: The weather did look rough.I did wonder if you'd got ya tent up. :lol:[/quote

Took me a while but did it!

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”