A little Cod session in the River tonight. 8-1-19

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

A little Cod session in the River tonight. 8-1-19

Postby Big Hitter » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:15 pm

Decided to give the River another go but as no one has been catching many Cod the last week or so I wasn’t very hopeful.
Quick call to me ald mate Ste Moffat and we were soon on our way to one of the River Cod marks.
Big baits where the order of the day but as tide was pulling a bit they were just thumped out about 100yds to start with.
Wasn’t long before I banked my first fish
As the tide eased it was time to push the baits out further and it wasn’t long before my second fish was on the bank
Then no3
And then no4
Decided to call it a day, I ended up with 4 nice fish
Ste also had two nice fish
So between us we had 6 fish. A lovely night and great company. Just goes to show that ya gotta try ya luck sometimes even if reports say no fish about.
Ya won’t catch em if ya don’t give it a go.
So all in all a great start to 2019 for me and I’ll be back out next week looking for em.
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: A little Cod session in the River tonight. 8-1-19

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 am

Nice one Jamie. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: You are proving the naysayers wrong when they moan that there are no cod in the river.Its all about getting out there and giving it a go.Its not as though you're fishing some secret mark.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:07 am

Steve Duffy wrote:Nice one Jamie. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: You are proving the naysayers wrong when they moan that there are no cod in the river.Its all about getting out there and giving it a go.Its not as though you're fishing some secret mark.

Thanks Steve, I’ve never been one to listen to people saying there’s no fish about. I put a lot of time and effort into catching them. You won’t catch em if ya just sitting on ya couch at home moaning that there’s no fish about. I’ve had over 30 Cod since November now. Plenty of fish in the River. Ya just gotta go out and put the effort in. Everyone knows where I fish and like you say it’s no secret.
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:14 am

Big Hitter wrote:
Steve Duffy wrote:Nice one Jamie. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: You are proving the naysayers wrong when they moan that there are no cod in the river.Its all about getting out there and giving it a go.Its not as though you're fishing some secret mark.

Thanks Steve, I’ve never been one to listen to people saying there’s no fish about. I put a lot of time and effort into catching them. You won’t catch em if ya just sitting on ya couch at home moaning that there’s no fish about. I’ve had over 30 Cod since November now. Plenty of fish in the River. Ya just gotta go out and put the effort in. Everyone knows where I fish and like you say it’s no secret.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Maerig the hunter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Maerig the hunter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Another loads of cod. Well done that man. :clap: :clap: :clap:
2018 species: At last :badgrin: Whiting, Doggy, dab, French bass and thornie :dance:

Happiness is a rod in my hand :dance: Shakespeare

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Good session there Jamie, Well done :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Quality Jamie laaaaaa :clap: :clap:
Species 2019...Flounder..Whiting

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 am

Another cracking session Jamie, well done laaa. :thumbsup:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 am

Big Hitter wrote:

You certainly are pulling them out consistently :clap: :clap:
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”