Seaforth Beach 27th Dec

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Seaforth Beach 27th Dec

Postby stephen atkinson » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:08 pm

With not been out pleasure fishing for a while, and plenty of time on me hands, needed to get out, checked tides seaforth low 9.30pm sound, needed fresh worm so pumped Ainsdale in the morning only managed 3
wraps of fresh worm, before me pump gave way, gutted the dog ball bung gave in, been in there for a year though. And on the plus side, I got a lift back in a tractor, as he had just launched a boat.Cheers mate didn't catch your name. Got to Seaforth suited and booted and on the beach by 6.30, tide was still way up the beach by the flag pole, but if you where waders you can wade out a good 40 yards to get that bit closer to the channel.Image Anyways first chuck both rods, up an overs and loop rigs 3/0 no arsing round with small hooks was only after the codling, first 8 fish was dabs and more dabs, impaling themselves, greedy buggers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Re: Seaforth Beach 27th Dec

Postby stephen atkinson » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:22 pm

stephen atkinson wrote:With not been out pleasure fishing for a while, and plenty of time on me hands, needed to get out, checked tides seaforth low 9.30pm sound, needed fresh worm so pumped Ainsdale in the morning only managed 3
wraps of fresh worm, before me pump gave way, gutted the dog ball bung gave in, been in there for a year though. And on the plus side, I got a lift back in a tractor, as he had just launched a boat.Cheers mate didn't catch your name. Got to Seaforth suited and booted and on the beach by 6.30, tide was still way up the beach by the flag pole, but if you where waders you can wade out a good 40 yards to get that bit closer to the channel.Image Anyways first chuck both rods, up an overs and loop rigs 3/0 no arsing round with small hooks was only after the codling, first 8 fish was dabs and more dabs, impaling themselves, greedy buggers

New phone and not done report for a while, thats what happens, had a solitary whiting make an appearance, then quickly followed by a codlet an hour before low, then next chuck, a classic cod bite, and what I went for Image I was happy as, decided on one more chuck as I was running out of bait, and next chuck tip bouncing and another was landed bit bigger than the first.Image but I made the long walk back with a smile on me face.

Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Nice one Steve. You got what you went for but shame about the pump

Trying to decide where to head to this weekend. Have'nt been out for nearly 2 weeks :cry:
Only here for the cod!

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:31 pm

Well done ste :thumbsup:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Well done Ste laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....must say i was disappointed on my last session as it seems to have gone a lot shallower....even towards low you could still wade out a fair bit which is unusual :think:
Species 2019...Flounder..Whiting

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Big Kev wrote:Well done Ste laaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....must say i was disappointed on my last session as it seems to have gone a lot shallower....even towards low you could still wade out a fair bit which is unusual :think:

Was thinking the same thing Kev, normally on a tide I fished last night, thought there would have been a lot more of a pull, cast out as fire as I could and it stayed there. No movement, there could have been a load of sand filling up, it is certainly a lot less snaggier by the rocks end, from the middle up has always been snag free for me. :think:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:34 pm

I`ve fished twice from near the corner and have`nt been snagged at all..... :think:

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:35 pm

well in ste lad couple of sizable codling in a sesh is good for this year always a chance of something decent there. :thumbsup:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:59 pm

Patriot wrote:Nice one Steve. You got what you went for but shame about the pump

Trying to decide where to head to this weekend. Have'nt been out for nearly 2 weeks :cry:

Looks like the cod have moved in on the Holderness....quite a few 5lb to 8lb fish coming out......

dryfly
Regular Poster

Postby dryfly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:02 pm

Nice one. I fished there on the 21st and can agree about the greedy dabs and codlets. Might give it a shot again soon.
Nick

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Well done mate. :thumbsup:
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Nice one Ste. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

al/c
Super Poster

Postby al/c » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:12 pm

good effort mate, must try and get out myself soon. :thumbsup:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”