Evening : Vale 23rd

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Evening : Vale 23rd

Postby Crossbones » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Scrounging some time off and in search of MrC I headed off the Vale Park via Wirral Angling Centre for some lug to add to the assortment of freezer scrapings (Mack, Squid,Sandeel) to fish the evening Low. I arrived a good 2.5 hours before the low and the gulley was no more than a few inches deep, thought I might have to hang around, but no got straight over and set up the rods in long shadows.

Ok, that's as exciting as it gets, it was whiting from the off, but nothing over 30cm and some pins in there as well. I had one bouncy bite that just didn't connect, but apart form that the session ended up with 14 whiting, one dog and one micro flounder. Not going to post any pics as they were nowt special :)

But I did meet this chap who was pushing a shrimp net along and who stopped for a chat - didn't catch your name fella, so if you look in here it was great to say hello. After a chat about the quantities of shrimp and the good old days he continued well down to the west into the darkness and we caught up again in his way back and hour or so later.....no headlight, using the natural light only and an interesting bloke.
Simon

Patriot
Super Poster

Re: Evening : Vale 23rd

Postby Patriot » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Yeah, nice guy

He was down there a couple of weeks back. He only had about 30 or so shrimp, but nice chat with him

Still, whiting about in numbers. It's those dabs that count :)

Or a flounder (please)
Only here for the cod!

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”