Otterspool 4th Nov

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Patriot
Super Poster

Otterspool 4th Nov

Postby Patriot » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Decided to have a look down at Otterspool Prom this morning in the hope of getting a heads up for next week

Off at 04:30, fishing just after 5am. Frozen blacks / crab and squid. High tide 08:20

Plan was to fish up at the Jetty, but when i got to the pub (Brittania?) the entrance to the car park now
has a locked barrier in operation. Certainly was'nt there last year. So back to the Jericho Lane car park and fished
at the bottom of the road. It's produced fish many times previously so was hopeful

After yesterdays gales, nice to see the wind had dropped and conditions were good

Bites from the off but alas nothing but crabs throughout the whole session. Non stop, as soon as the baits were out. And
the grass and garbage was a real pain - definitely no point in using a shock leader so fished braid straight through

A few others turned up at about 6.30am and saw one whiting landed.

Stacked it at 9am. Fishless but pleasant morning out - perhaps i should have made the hike down to the jetty as
originally planned
Only here for the cod!

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

Re: Otterspool 4th Nov

Postby Paul Argent » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:48 pm

Thanks for reporting in, especially that access is now blocked with a gate. Shame you did not hook any Cod, every day and every tide will improve our chances. Hoping to fish it Monday evening. I will report even if I blank, blank report are well worth posting to give everybody an idea of what is going on.

Glad you enjoyed the session. Otterspool is a top venue over November, December and January.

The bottom is rough and full of crab, but hey that’s what the Cod love!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Yes, never had a problem with that car park previously. Perhaps some dodgy activity overnight - just makes the walk from Jericho to the jetty quite a bit longer.

Not a venue I fish on a night tide on my own as the scallies are out on their bikes :x . Last time I had about 10 of them hovering around the rods
Only here for the cod!

dryfly

Postby dryfly » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:21 pm

I fished it on saturday night over high and it was rubbish. Crabs and small whiting rattles .

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:14 pm

Patriot wrote:Yes, never had a problem with that car park previously. Perhaps some dodgy activity overnight - just makes the walk from Jericho to the jetty quite a bit longer.

Not a venue I fish on a night tide on my own as the scallies are out on their bikes :x . Last time I had about 10 of them hovering around the rods

I know what you mean, by being alone along there, fished many sessions there overnight by myself and had to be aware. You always feel more at risk after the last fisherman has packed up. On a plus side there are regular check by a 4x4 security patrol during the early hour, I always stop them for a chat which is worth doing, so they know your there until an hour that you give them.

It can be a bit nervy all night on you own, better in 2’s

Post on here when your going, we can stick together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stan stevo

Postby stan stevo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:59 am

we fished there yesterday morning 7am had some nice sized whiting quite a good session ,frozen black,squid,mackerel.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”