Cymyran Bay 6th Oct

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Cymyran Bay 6th Oct

Postby Godders123 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Hadn’t been out for what seemed like an age, however a change to Mrs G’s weekend work pattern means that I can get out a bit more from now on.

This weekend Gaz and I choose to fish Cymyran. Brian (whistleingsands) had also planned to fish it too so it was a good chance for a catch up too.

The forecast didn’t look overly favourable with a gusting northerly forecast, however upon arrival it was clear that Mr Weatherman had got it wrong as it was totally breathless. Coupled with a new moon phase, therefore a very dark night, conditions couldn’t have been much better.

Bri had arrived a couple of hours in advance of us and it had been tough going in the daylight hours with just a few dogs and whiting showing. We were hopeful that the darkness would bring the fish in though.

We got into position just after the sun had disappeared over the horizon.

We were to fish an hour up and then as much of the ebb as we could stay awake for!

First chuck and a few pull downs on the rod tip signalled the start of the action. As I drew the fish through the surf two eyes lit up in my head torch beam and it was clear that a raymondo was on the way in. It wasn’t the target small eyed we were after but a little thornie

A dog and a few whiting followed, before another good pull down signalled a better fish and in came thornie number 2.

Gaz was getting pestered by whiting and so he moved sticks to my left. The move soon paid off as he too picked up a thornie.

Bri was a 100yards to my right and it was a totally different story for him. No rays, very few whiting but he was having luck with the turbot landing two, the biggest going to about a pound and a half.

The raymondos continued to feed, though they were a long way out. A 20 yard wade out and a good hit put the baits in the feeding zone though. Gaz took another and I went on a bit of a run landing 7 in all, the best coming towards the end of the session weighing in at 9lb 9oz, a proper fat lady she was.

A very enjoyable night with plenty of action. Unfortunately the small eyed’s didn’t show up, but there’s always next time!!
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Re: Cymyran Bay 6th Oct

Postby Big Hitter » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 pm

Superb session Graham. Bet that rod was tremendous with them Rays on it. :thumbsup:
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:52 pm

It was an absolute joy to use, I can see that being my go-to rod for most situations from now on :thumbsup:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

crazy legs crane
Regular Poster

Postby crazy legs crane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:47 pm

I was near the pipe. Nothing happening when the sun was up. Dogs and whiting up to high then 90 minutes after managed some small eyes. No thornies for me.
2021 Species (22)
Whiting, Dab, Cod, Pollack, Pouting, TB Ray, LSD, Spurdog, Huss, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, Plaice, Silver Eel, Smooth hound, Mackerel, Bass, Tompot Blenny, Poor cod, Black Bream, Turbot, SE Ray.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 am

We were saying on the trip down “I wonder whether Dave’s fished Cymyran yet”. Just goes to show that different parts of a beach can hold different species. Well done Dave :thumbsup:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:21 am

Great session Graham. :clap: :clap: Excellent photo's as well. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Great report Gra laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and crackin pics.....the rays were feeding from mid-ebb a couple of years ago too,but it was tiring with the wading and casting as far as :roll:
winter fishing sucks

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Crackin session you had there Graham, just made up some new rigs ready for the next session :thumbsup:
Sea Fishing is the Dogs Danglies :D

Lee1
Super Poster

Postby Lee1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Cracking sesh lads,good size thorny that,how many hours after high did you stay ??

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:22 pm

A good 3 or 4 Lee.

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:22 pm

Finished at 2am.