Amlwch breakwater 18/07/2018

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

andybass
Regular Poster

Amlwch breakwater 18/07/2018

Postby andybass » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Having asked on here about penmon I was given a couple of marks to try. We decided on Amlwch breakwater. Having arrived at the venue for 11:00 high water was at 15:46 we walked on and started fishing. I took my girlfriend along with me. She had only fished three time before in May for pike. Within minutes the first fish was landed by her which was a small whiting.
I eventually got off the mark with a dogfish (little did I know that this was dogfish utopia)
The Girlfriends second fish was a small scorpion fish. This is a species that I’ve never caught before.
Than dog number two
Three
Four
Five
It got to the point that we was having a bite a chuck. we ended with over 10 plus dogfish to our names but he missed out on countless bites.
we also had a 38cm flounder and a Codling from inside the harbour

The Gf said that she preferred sea fishing than lure fishing and she wants to go again. All in all turned out to be a really good session and it felt good to get back Into sea fishing after two years away.

Tight lines.
northwestseaangler.blogspot.com

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Amlwch breakwater 18/07/2018

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Nice busy session Andy. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Busy session there mate, that Codling is a Poor Cod mate, did it leave little specs all over your hands?
The Wrassewrangler

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 pm

Well done it is a grate place to learn to fish anglesey it will get you both hooked :D :thumbsup:

Willpower
Obsessed Poster

Postby Willpower » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:08 pm

Nice busy session, well done.

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Well done :D
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

andybass
Regular Poster

Postby andybass » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:54 pm

starfish wrote:Well done it is a grate place to learn to fish anglesey it will get you both hooked :D :thumbsup:

I’m already hooked but she want to go again. She just need to Learn to cast a 15ft rod. next place is bull bay I’m after a bull huss

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Great session, good to see some variety :D
I went there for the first time today. carp weather but the amount of species under your toes is fantastic.The rocks besides look wrassey that's for sure
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dog, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo, Conger 29

andybass
Regular Poster

Postby andybass » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:10 am

Tom wrote:Great session, good to see some variety :D
I went there for the first time today. carp weather but the amount of species under your toes is fantastic.The rocks besides look wrassey that's for sure

A young lad fished right under my rods and within minutes he had a decent wrasse. But it didn’t matter long cast short cast by the wall in the harbour there were fish everywhere just a case of having the right hook size for them

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:39 am

just a case of having the right hook size for them[/quote]

Sea tech shrimp rigs mate, £1 at ABC. tip off with cubed rag or thin cuts of mackerel or no bait at all for pollock launce mackerel and gunard

they are size 8 hooks and come with quite a few

Try out the bigger sea tech hokai rigs with 3 hooks much more burly. I've had unbelievable speed fishing nights when using the headtorch on the rig
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dog, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo, Conger 29

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”