Lleyn 7th July

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Patriot
Super Poster

Lleyn 7th July

Postby Patriot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Headed down to the Penninsula on Saturday afternoon, overnight camping and a couple of sessions on the rock marks

Took some frozen mackeral, squid and sandeel just in case the mackeral did'nt show

Which, as it happens, they did'nt and apparently have'nt been showing much at all

Never mind, the trip is worth it for the stunning views and no more so than this weekend

Absolutely stunning

Fished around St Mary's on Saturday night. Dogs, dogs and more dogs. Loads of them. As usual, better than blanking

Alas, no Mackeral. A fella was down with his Mrs and they were down on the morning as well. Not a single mackeral

Sunday 05:30 am. After the long walk down:

ImageView2 by Jeff White, on Flickr

ImageView1 by Jeff White, on Flickr

So many flies. Wondered why...

ImageRubbish by Jeff White, on Flickr

Cheers guys. It was fresh - two guys were down there on Saturday, but looking at the contents it seemed as if there were several meals, portable barbecue, beer tins etc etc

Doubt they are real anglers but if they are and they use this site...nah, i don't think they would do

Anyway, crack on

Lovely pollock, followed by a screaming bite and a great fight getting something over the reef...but the reef won that one. Fish lost

ImagePollock by Jeff White, on Flickr

and just for the record, i could'nt leave without a photo of just one of the many.. At least they are entertaining...

ImageDoggie by Jeff White, on Flickr

Followed by the lonnngg climb up THAT hill. The view from the top was stunning. No movement at all on the sea, it was like a millpond

I'll be back, but will wait for the mackeral to make it worthwhile

(and i took their rubbish with me and eventually found a bin)
Only here for the cod!

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Lleyn 7th July

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Great effort Jeff. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Litter...Its been the same for the past 50 years I've been about.They are scum,absolute scum.If I was in charge they wouldn't do it. They wouldn't be able to. I would chop their bleedin hands off. Take care you scummy oxygen thieves,people are coming for you.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:03 pm

well done jeff i was down there also lovely day on sunday out there :thumbsup:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Great place to fish even if it`s not on top form.... nice pics Jeff laaaaaaaaaaaaaa 8)
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

great report & :clap: :clap: :clap: photos :thumbsup:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”