Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Patriot
Super Poster

Friday Island/Rock Channel

Postby Patriot » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:50 am

3am Friday start

Took some frozen worm, sandeel and squid

Down to the island for crab, taking numerous diversions due to motorway closures on M6 and M56

So, got the crab. Tesco's for breakfast - except the breakfasts were off!

Back onto the island and over to Llanbadrig. One huss about 4lb and several doggies.....usual photos taken

Early afternoon, headed back onto mainland with the idea of fishing Talacre later. Stopped at Pensarn on the way. 3 others down there fishing, but
i was told no fish caught. So thought i might have a crack at dabs/whiting with the hope of a bonus bass

First cast, a double header on worm/squid - starry pup about a pound and then what i think was either a small starry or even a tope (no stars :lol: ). Must have been about 10 inches long. Was'nt really sure what it was

Took a photo for the record. Then realised none of the photos taken were on the phone!! Power off/on, working again. Bit late now though

Next cast, another small starry/tope (again, not sure which, but must have been all of 8 inches in size). At least i got a photo this time

Image20180615_145158 by Jeff White, on Flickr

Anyway headed to Talacre. Low water 9pm. Gate was locked at the top and the car park partly flooded. The car park at the cafe said open until 10pm, so i asked if it was definitely locked and the young lady told me yes, normally about 9pm. Which meant i would'nt get back in time

Never mind, headed to the rock channel. Lovely evening. The beach to myself and plenty of fresh crab

The tide was really ripping through and the weed was really bad. Plus a load of slime on the line, so i guess that algae is still on the surface.

After 2 hours, a micro dab on a 3/0 hook! And that was it

So 9pm, i headed home for a well deserved cuppa

Great to be out though and at least the foot lasted "the walk".

Best of luck at the match next week guys, unfortunately i can't make it due to golf in sunny Spain :lol:
Only here for the cod!

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Friday Island/Rock Channel

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:52 am

You deserved better for the miles you put in Jeff. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:08 am

valiant effort there jeff :thumbsup:

it sucks about the talaca car parks they were ruined by perverts in cars
and now there a no go area after 10pm unless your that way inclined :lol: :evil:

catch you soon :D

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 am

What do you reckon with the fish? Starry or tope? The bigger fish was defo a starry, but the other two small fish had no marking at all

And yeah, did'nt want to get locked in down there. Other than that car park, nowhere else to go
Only here for the cod!

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 am

it does look like a baby tope to me black tip on top of tail tail much bolder and the shape of it
but really need to see its tail and lower jaw closer
but 99.5% that's a tope mate :thumbsup:

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:05 am

That's definetley a tope after seeing one just the other week. The light green eyes scream tope, the nose and head is sharper too

Nice work. Yet to find one of these tope pups, be a great achievement
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:22 am

Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:26 am

Youve got tonnes to go by:
Black tipped fins
White tipped pectoral fins
Pale Green eyes
Sharp Teeth
Pointy nose

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Very busy day you had there

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Nice try mate :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”