Perch Rock.. 5 June.

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Milligan
Regular Poster

Perch Rock.. 5 June.

Postby Milligan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi all, On Mon evening decided to have a short session at Perch Rock on Tues, Low tide around 10.30, so wanted to arrive for about 8.00 am, set off at seven and traffic horrendous , eventually got onto the beach at about 9.30.

Using Squid and Razor Clam for bait I was into whitings from the off,on the two hook clipped down smaller hook rigs on my conti rod, and also had a few Doggies latching on to the larger squid /Razor baits intended for Ray,on my distance rod, packed in at about 11.15 . The Rays didnt show, but at least I had a few bits to show for my efforts.

Not unhappy, as it was a gash trip , not planned really, more just to familiarise myself with the area as I have not fished there before.

There were a couple more anglers fishing up river from me, one had a steady stream of Beermat Dabs and Whitings, not sure about the second chap.

Quite like the look of the place and will certainly be back again.. today was a small tide, does it fish better with a bit more size , or is it more or less the same any time ?

Cheers all :wave: :wave:

Millsy

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Perch Rock.. 5 June.

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 pm

A bigger tide will put you into the deeper water and more chance of a ray.Once the tide starts to flood you will be lucky to get 1 hour due to the flow.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Always best on spring tides....hounds will be showing too,if you`ve got crab :idea:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Milligan
Regular Poster

Postby Milligan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks for that Kev and Steve, :thumbsup:

I did notice that even on a small tide the pull was quite pronounced, I was on Braid on both rods, letting a big bow of line out, which usually works over on the east coast, maybe mono will help absorb the pull a bit next time, I think an experiment one rod on braid and one on mono will be the order next time, oh, and getting there earlier will be the thing to do...

Millsy.

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”