Seaforth beach Sunday Morning

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Willpower
Obsessed Poster

Re: Seaforth beach Sunday Morning

Postby Willpower » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 am

Two nice fish beached. So do you think that it would be worth fishing the tide out to l/w from h/w?
By the by, I've been using the Asso tsl for the last 12 months and it's been sound.

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Well done kev and ste, :clap: :clap:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Willpower wrote:Two nice fish beached. So do you think that it would be worth fishing the tide out to l/w from h/w?
By the by, I've been using the Asso tsl for the last 12 months and it's been sound.

Doubt it Mike as the beach is pretty flat until you near the tower...it was a big tide on Sunday so we could get in the channel straight away....we could probably have started 30 mins earlier.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Well in Ste, great to you hitting some nice Codling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm

mark davies wrote:Well done Kev nice fish shame the rest of their family wer'nt around for the rest of the session . I agree about shock leader used the same stuff 18lb to 60 lb in orrange had 2 in a row snap about 4/5/ft from the knott have got the same in clear was going to try that but think i will put both in the bin after reading this :evil: :evil:

Just got another couple of spools of the Varivas shocky and it`s so much better quality...the Rovex starts at 0.30mm / 18lb...Varivas is 0.37mm / 18lb.......i can`t seem to find any other 18lb line at 0.30mm...i very much doubt it`s actually 18lb :naughty:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Well done chaps, I've been using the Rovex 18lb to 70lb for a couple of years now, I've never had a problem with it, however I always cut the first 5 to 6 foot off as I've found it very long on the reel, maybe it's just past the point where it starts to get stronger I don't know, ive still got 2 full spools of it.
The Wrassewrangler

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:43 am

Good session boys :clap: I’ve signed off from the river now until the rays n smuts start showing.

Where you using the Rovex 18-60lb shocky Kev? I’ve had the same experience with it, snapping mid cast. However as Gaz says, that 18-70lb is absolutely spot on, never had a problem with it and would recommend it to anyone :thumbsup:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”