Brunswick 30/1

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Razza1402

Brunswick 30/1

Postby Razza1402 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 am

First post here. We fished a big tide from low to high in anticipation of a possible cod. Baits squid mussel cocktails were prepared fresh lug purchased and off we went for a long session. Uncle got there before me who was having bites but unable to hook anything. Bites were on and off throughout the tide we had a mixture of micro codling pin whiting and flatties. We were anticipating a bit more action at slack water but before we knew it the tide had turned and was pulling through like a train with that we decided to end the session. Just as we were pulling off the rain started.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Re: Brunswick 30/1

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Nice pics Razza

What I've noticed about the codling from what I've seen is that bigger ones are often caught solo or when very quiet. And the micro codlets and whitings present must mean there's no threats around . Just an observation but anything can happen
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Razza1402

Postby Razza1402 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Tom wrote:Nice pics Razza

What I've noticed about the codling from what I've seen is that bigger ones are often caught solo or when very quiet. And the micro codlets and whitings present must mean there's no threats around . Just an observation but anything can happen
Pics aren't so great to be fair but it's all I had couldn't resist taking some pics of my nice shiny ultegras. Regarding the fishing and lack of cod I'm not sure to be honest I've not thought like an angler for a long time had a 7 year ish break from it and got the bug again end of last year. I now go with my disabled uncle he's in constant pain with his leg but if he can do it I can too. Much respect to him and Ralph the guy who saved him from hanging his gear up just over a year ago.

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Good on you mate, fishing and banter is a great way to spend time.

As for his conditions I'd recommend townhall steps, vale park, proms on Liverpool side for easy angling high tides. The closest low tide mark from the car is probably townhall steps, where you can park at the pub and walk down a jeti, I think it's a bit muddy in parts so wellies as a precaution.

Codling, Dabs, Whiting, Rockling are the usual suspects, smaller the hook the better your catch rate.

Tight lines :thumbsup:
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Razza1402

Postby Razza1402 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:59 pm

Tom wrote:Good on you mate, fishing and banter is a great way to spend time.

As for his conditions I'd recommend townhall steps, vale park, proms on Liverpool side for easy angling high tides. The closest low tide mark from the car is probably townhall steps, where you can park at the pub and walk down a jeti, I think it's a bit muddy in parts so wellies as a precaution.

Codling, Dabs, Whiting, Rockling are the usual suspects, smaller the hook the better your catch rate.

Tight lines
He nearly took his leg off with a circular saw needless to say he can't walk properly so needs to be really out of the back of the car thanks for the advice though :-)

Twotides
Super Poster

Postby Twotides » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:47 am

Top report well done :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”