Vale Park fun

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Vale Park fun

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Had cracking session at Vale Park low water.
Equipped with a Carp rod and beechcaster reel was in for some fun.
We walked across the beach to sea if there was any interesting things and tackle going. We bumped into this edible crab with a lid of sand on.

This is one of two of my mates first ever flatfish.
Smallest Dab ever, made us howl.

After fast Dab action from both, in came the first round fish from me, this whiting on a 2oz bomb!

Straight back onto the Dabs. I decided to up to 4oz and go a bit further out.

And land my first ever Quadruple! :D

We saw one Dab, then another then another and lastly a glimmer of a whiting showed and we were stoked.

Then moved left to check on the channel nearer to the left groin.
My mate was into a Dab first chuck then me into a Whiting and Dab.
Then last cast resulted in my first Vale park low water Codling :D

As the channel started to flood I suggested a cast or two on the Prom at Seacombe to catch a few Codling since that one showed

Nearly straight away Codling 2nd chuck from my mate, then me into a nice fighter and straight away another. Lastly a Whiting came in off his snagged rig.

Great session.

Bait theme was:
Stinky squid tentacles do the business for Dabs / Just Black lug on the lower hooks for the Codling
2018: Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Roach, Bream, Gudgeon, Rudd, Perch, Huss, Dogfish, Pike, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Crucian, F1, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass :drool:, Thornback Ray

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Vale Park fun

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Busy session Tom. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:39 pm

nice sesh tom well done :D

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:01 am

Plenty of action and making me think about using lighter gear to get more fun out of what I catch too :clap: :thumbsup:
2018: Codling, Dab, Flounder, Rockling, Whiting,

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:44 am

It's certainly got me hooked. Can't miss a bite, can feel the fish fight and makes great entertainment whilst the bigger bait sits around
2018: Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Roach, Bream, Gudgeon, Rudd, Perch, Huss, Dogfish, Pike, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Crucian, F1, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass :drool:, Thornback Ray

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

Bobdeniro2 wrote:Plenty of action and making me think about using lighter gear to get more fun out of what I catch too :clap: :thumbsup:

I`ve never found that appealing myself....a small whiting will always be a small whiting :lol:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm

You'd be surprised Kev, these carp rods are really sensitive. The day I hook a wrasse, pollock or a 2lb Codling on this, I'll be fighting the fish all the way up to the top

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Plenty of action there mate :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Piotrek
Super Poster

Postby Piotrek » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Great session mate but don't forgot about the "baby rod" :lol: and conger eel on that :thumbsup:

paramedic
Obsessed Poster

Postby paramedic » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:05 pm

go one better.....LRF, micro jigs, put a proper bend in the carbon...if you wanna use bait, fine...use a spinning rod, up to 28g and a light lead :love:
Just accept it, you'll always have sand in your car !!

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 pm

How light can you go :lol:

I think a Dab would take drag off this fly rod

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Tom wrote:You'd be surprised Kev, these carp rods are really sensitive. The day I hook a wrasse, pollock or a 2lb Codling on this, I'll be fighting the fish all the way up to the top

My point is i don`t give a toss about fishing light for small fish...you might get a good fight but i don`t get any enjoyment from catching small fish.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:37 pm

Light outfits can catch great fish as tested by a carp reel founder, he boated a 30lb conger but scrapped with for ages :lol:
It just takes me back to when I started fishing where every fish would bend your rod or pull it in
Last year my stiff ultra power towed in a bullhuss no problem but without much action, so I prefer the thrills using lighter gear

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Tom wrote:Light outfits can catch great fish as tested by a carp reel founder, he boated a 30lb conger but scrapped with for ages :lol:
It just takes me back to when I started fishing where every fish would bend your rod or pull it in
Last year my stiff ultra power towed in a bullhuss no problem but without much action, so I prefer the thrills using lighter gear

Playing fish for a long time for kicks puts the fish under great stress,floods the muscles with lactic acid which often results in the death of the fish even though it looks as though it swam away strongly. I prefer to get the fish in ASAP,weigh and photograph it and return it unharmed in good condition.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Got myself an anyfish 4 & bait :love: 2 years ago (that I use with a Daiwa 7HT) and love using it when conditions permit, casts well and gets the fish in without undue delay but you can see every bite and feel them kicking on the way in, which is much better than the feel I got with my first couple of beach rods :thumbsup:
2018: Codling, Dab, Flounder, Rockling, Whiting,

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”