Cod Corner Blank

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

nickswa
Regular Poster

Cod Corner Blank

Postby nickswa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm

I don’t normally post reports if I blank, but given that I was using two new pieces of kit I thought I’d share this afternoons session with you.

Fished cod corner this afternoon 2.5hrs up and 1 down. Tide was huge and struggled to hold the bottom. I also lost 5 sets of gear with snags.

Had 2/3 decent bites but didn’t land anything. Losing that much gear and having your heart in your mouth every time you pick you rod up in case your snagged isn’t my idea of fun. Never fished cod corner before and certainly won’t rush back!

There was one other bloke out. He got sod all as well.

However! It was first proper outing with my new Akios HellRazor and preloved Tronix Virtuso (thanks Jamie).

I was extremely impressed with both. The HellRazor casts really well. I had a 5oz lead with big baits and it flew out no problem. It held well in the wind, didn’t shake and also felt good when retrieving (when I wasn’t snagged). Granted I didn’t manage to retrieve any fish.

The Virtuso was faultless. I’m not a big caster but it definitely contributed in me finding some extra distance today.

Home now for a warm and a few Saturday beers.

Have a good weekend fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick....

2016 Species- Cod, Whiting, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Bass, Wrasse, 3b Rockling.

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Re: Cod Corner Blank

Postby davie495 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Fair play Nick lad. The rod will be christened soon and getting some extra distance will only bode well for the summer when the smuts arrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2018 Species:[3] Cod, Ting, Dab

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:56 pm

I've always found that distance equals snags at cod corner.If I can get right on the corner a gentle lob in the direction of the big gas tank at Garston has done the trick for me.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Unlucky Nick, but at least you were out mate. Can’t catch sitting in the house :D
Glad ya liked the reel, I think they are as good as reels twice the price if I’m honest. I’m sure the HellRazor is a good piece of kit too.
There’s always next time 8)
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:43 pm

It`s always helpful to reports blanks as well as the good sessions....Jamie did nothing on THS bank yesterday so i know if he`s not catching there,then it`s not worth going .
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”