Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

earlobes
Regular Poster

Seacombe ferry 19/12/17

Postby earlobes » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:11 am

Rig - 1 up 1 down size 3/0
Bait - Worms

Fishing by the ferry terminal 2 hours before and one hour after.

So after being unable to fish for a while due to ill health and other things, I decided that seems I am off work for the week I would try and see if I can blank. I'm not very optimistic as it being a year since I fished last I couldn't remember how to tie a rig on let alone how to cast (which is never pretty). So i get to my mark throw on a rig which I can openly admit took me three goes to tie the knot, on goes a worm on each hook and off we go to try and cast. first cast wasn't that bad it felt like I was about to follow the lead in but was happy it landing in the water and not on some poor kids head. After 5 mins I'm farting around looking what junk is still in my tackle box, when out of the corner of my eye I see the rod tip bend. Being a cripple moving fast is not my best skill, so by the time I get to the rod its slack line time. while reeling it in i'm thinking this has to be the words biggest baby wipe or i have caught me good old friend conger carrier bag. getting it to the wall was the least of my problems only to realise going up the wall might be an issue so decided to pull this thing up by hand. Still have no idea what this is, anyway after about 3 mins up it pops first one of the winter for me.

So off we go again worm up lob it out and find me vape sit own and start puffing away like Gandalf the grey. thinking so you got a fish first cast this normally means blanking is on the cards for the rest of my time here out plops another. It was easier this time getting it up the wall but still was not exciting to do.

Then it goes dead half six comes and start thinking I need a drink, hungry? carry on or go home. In the end bait up one last time and lob it out while, now i start packing up and farting around, got bored no bites so sat down and went back to my Gandalf impression. then i get a nice take not slack line but enough for me to think that has gotta be a fish. I'm in no rush knowing the is 2 hooks on the rig i let it sit. it comes to 7 ish and needing to get back home as its turtles head time. Starting to reel in only to find another fish. yet again its another struggle like watching me trying to explain to the other half aeroplanes do not have a reverse gear, out plops another not as big as the first but i was happy with the effort i had put in.

After that i packed up and headed off to the car to get home for a code brown!

Thanks for taking the time to read this i hope you found it informative and excuse my use of the English language but being thick has taken me years of practise.

P.S No ginger mullets where harmed during this session. oh and crodders if your reading this FB me if your gonna be a normal person mate.

Earlobes :help:
2017 SPECIES
(Merseyside)
CRODLING, WHITING, DAB.
2016 SPECIES
(Merseyside)
CODLING, WHITING, ROCKLING, POUTING, PLAICE, DAB, FLOUNDER, THORN RAY, DOGFISH, BASS, SOLE, WEAVER, COALFISH.

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Re: Seacombe ferry 19/12/17

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:36 am

Some nice conditioned fish there mate.
Well done 8)
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:09 pm

very well done :thumbsup:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Nice. :clap: :clap: Some good fish coming from the shore and proms.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Well done fella :thumbsup: some lovely fish there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Labrax morone
Regular Poster

Postby Labrax morone » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Well done mate!

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:16 pm

Great stuff, well done laaa. :clap:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”