Right time-wrong place!

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Bill Johnson

Right time-wrong place!

Postby Bill Johnson » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 pm

I've just read Starfish's cod-fest post from Woodside. I really wanted to fish there today, but my wife fancied shopping at Liverpool, instead of the usual Cheshire Oaks, so I decided to give Otterspool a go. Now I know what you're thinking. Why didn't you just nip through the tunnel? The truth is, I'm so conditioned to getting to Woodside the other way, that it never even occurred to me! A nice day to be fishing though-even if it was on the wrong side of the river as it turned out.
In a nutshell, it was one bite, one fish.
The codling (about 2 1/4lb) took frozen crab. The other rod with rag and fresh black, was coming back stripped every time by the crabs. I fished at the old jetty and couldn't see anyone else fishing in either direction. Lowlight of the day was casting out, then being unable to wind in as the reel had bust. Anti reverse/dog clip failure suspected. It was bad enough pulling 80 yards of line in by hand, then everything snagged up. I pulled for the break and lost the lot-despite using a rotten bottom. I was more upset at losing the 3 crab than the lead, as I'd only brought a dozen crabs with me.
Absolutely plagued (yet again) by selfish dog walkers, allowing their "off lead" mutts to sniff around the gear.
I eventually gave up having a second baited trace hanging. Sod's law dictates that the first time a dog swallows a hook, they'll ban fishing on there! I always thought dogs had to be on leads on the prom, but I might be wrong.
Still, mustn't grumble. Well dangled Starfish and nice to see Woodside back on form.

starfish
Super Poster

Re: Right time-wrong place!

Postby starfish » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 am

and well done bill :thumbsup:
i am sure it is just the school holidays as it did seem overly busy there the other day also
and it was the same script there as yourself on wednesday
Hey Ho they will all soon go and leave us all in peace :lol:
still a fantastic venue when the crabs calm down it will be a fish a cast down there and some very large cod will pop out :D
also still looking good the codling are there and that is two out now in two days :D

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:32 am

Nice one Bill. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Postby Crossbones » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:56 am

Nice coddo fella.
Simon

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:12 am

Nice fish :clap: I opted for a last chance bass at kinmel bay instead as didn't want the hassle on proms either side, but it was pretty busy there too - I've never been so glad to see a bit of drizzle which chased everyone else away :lol: as well as what looked like a council officer who chased 5 lads off the beach and seemed to be on the spot fining one of them for drinking :clap: :thumbsup:
2017: Bass, Saddled Bream, Codling, Conger, Dab, Blue Finned Damsel fish, Dogfish, Silver Eel, Flounder, Goby, Plaice, Pollack, Pouting, Rockling, 3B Rockling, TB Ray, Long Spined Scorpion Fish, Whiting, Ballan Wrasse, Ornate Wrasse

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Nicely done mate, lovely clean fish. :thumbsup:
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver,

Big Hitter
Super Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Again another superb conditioned Cod.
Well done buddy 8)
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:41 am

Nice codling there, well done
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Tom
Super Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Nice fish Bill :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”