Uploading Images (Updated July 2017)

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Uploading Images (Updated Oct 2015)

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:06 am

Godders123 wrote:Photobucket is now a complete pain in the arsssssse and barely usable due to ads.

An very good alternative is http://www.imgur.com

Very easy to use and no ads! I'll remove the reference to photobucket from the original post and replace with instructions for Imgur when I get a spare half hour.
:thumbsup:

I find photo bucket so easy to use but then again I use Firefox and adblock plus.I haven't had a pop up ad for at least 6 years. :dance: :dance: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Worth taking a look at Imgur Steve as the user interface is far more user friendly than Photobucket. More functionality too. Makes photobucket seem prehistoric in comparison. Only stumbled across it last night but it's the way forward...photobucket is binned :lol:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:.I haven't had a pop up for at least 6 years. :dance: :dance: :thumbsup:

Mrs Duffy blames the wine :badgrin: :badgrin:
winter fishing sucks

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Godders123 wrote:Worth taking a look at Imgur Steve as the user interface is far more user friendly than Photobucket. More functionality too. Makes photobucket seem prehistoric in comparison. Only stumbled across it last night but it's the way forward...photobucket is binned :lol:

I heard about Imgur years ago but I've never had a problem with Photobucket.Using Photobucket and Adblock plus with Firefox has me laughing into my bottle of wine.Check back over my 16000 posts to see if I complained. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Well there you go, two options:

Option 1) Download and install Firefox web browser, download and install Adblocker Plus

Option 2) Use Imgur :lol:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Re: Uploading Images (Updated July 2017)

Postby davie495 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:32 am

one question if i may. and i think it needs clearing up...

Who is Tristyn19?
Stu

2021 Species: [17] LSD, Coalie, Ting, Dab, Sea Scorpion, Pout, Poor Cod, Huss, Pollack, weaver, flounder, plaice, gurnard, thornie, ballan, corkwing, rock goby
2020:
[9]
2019:[16]
2018:[14]
2017:[24]
2016:[14]

whistleing sands

Postby whistleing sands » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:58 am

my 2p
i have no complaints with photobucket its a bit slow at times loading / but as far as adds and things / i find you have to change your setting on everything you use to completely block the s---t
the i icon in the circle just before www.wirralseafishing.co.uk click that and block adds and other settings / go into you browser settings click settings and do the same thing block all third party pop-ups and the same thing on photobucket

i am happy using it ?

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:24 pm

You might not be happy with Photobucket for too much longer unfortunately Bri as they are introducing a subscription. A number of WSF members accounts have already been locked down. It appears as though the subscriptions are coming in gradually so it's only a matter of time before all accounts are hit. :evil:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

whistleing sands

Postby whistleing sands » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:41 pm

graham
i am already aware ? its very slow and indiscriminate targeting accounts that's why you are suffering from adds / you will get a small storage space free but as you say you will suffer from constant adds unless you pay to have them removed.

when they get me i will just change to something else loads of host sites out their?

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:50 pm

This isn't the standard subscription Bri, it's a subscription for the hosting of images that are posted on third party websites, and at $399.99 it isn't cheap! :naughty:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

whistleing sands

Postby whistleing sands » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:00 pm

yes
as said others out there or videos are free for now
think everything is going to the dogs nowadays / no matter what your interests are

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:10 pm

whistleing sands wrote:graham
i am already aware ? its very slow and indiscriminate targeting accounts that's why you are suffering from adds / you will get a small storage space free but as you say you will suffer from constant adds unless you pay to have them removed.

when they get me i will just change to something else loads of host sites out their?

Brian.I know I bang on about it but if you change your browser to Firefox and download Adblock plus you will never get pop up Ads.Its simple,takes a few minutes and gets you away from Internet Explorer which is targeted by hackers all day every day.You can carry over all your saved sites in minutes.I ahve been using Firefox for at least 8 years without a problem.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Or just use Imgur :huh:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Godders123 wrote:Or just use Imgur :huh:

But do you get adverts? Do you get adverts on other sites you use ?
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Godders123 wrote:Or just use Imgur :huh:

But do you get adverts? Do you get adverts on other sites you use ?

Never have problems with ads other than on Photobucket as I tend not to visit dodgy websites :naughty:

What led to your need for an adblocker Ste :lol: :lol:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”