Redemption – Penmaenmawr Bass Session

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Redemption – Penmaenmawr Bass Session

Postby Godders123 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:15 am

With a nice north westerly blow whipping up a surf along the North Wales coastline, Gaz and I decided on a crack at our first silver of the year. The plan was to shoot over to the free crab shop to bag some peelers and then head further down the Lleyn to fish a bass beach. Unfortunately the crabs didn’t want to play ball and we only managed 9 between us so we had to change our plans.

We decided to head back up the A55 to Penmaenmawr where we could pump plenty of blow lug and fish the incoming tide. The blow lug were plentiful and we soon had enough for a session. The surf looked perfect and so Gaz was confident of a silver or two. Me, well I managed to go the whole of last season without a bass and so I wasn't overly hopeful. What’s more, I’d just picked up my new Zzippy M4GT and so new rod syndrome was surely beckoning!

A nice gulley now runs across the beach about 200 yards from the high tide mark and we sent our first baits out just as it started to fill. 20 mins later it had a bit of depth to it and so we dropped short into the middle of the gulley. Shortly afterwards Gaz was in with the first fish of the day, a surprise plaice.

It wasn’t long before I had a couple of knocks on my new rod and in came a flounder….new rod syndrome overcome!

I followed this up with another flounder on my next cast….

Then another…

The gulley was soon out of casting distance and things went quiet for a while. The tide pushed us back over the small gulley at the top of the beach and up onto the pebbled bank.

We were both fishing one rod long and one into the top gulley. Just before high water I managed to find another flounder in the top gulley.

It was all flats and no silvers, and as the tide started to ebb, so too did our confidence in nailing our first bass of the year.

About 30 mins into the ebb Gaz shouted over that he’d just lost a bass in the surf. Gutted! 30 seconds later he shouted over again and I turned round to see this…

The bass had cut him off only to beach itself seconds later! How’s that for a piece of luck! It weighed in at 2lb 5oz.

I was at this point that I began to have flash backs of all the bass I’d witnessed being caught by fishing buddies last year, while my rod remained stationary! What the hell had I done to upset the bass Gods?!

But then it happened…a series of sharp tugs on the rod tip. This was no flounder! And a minute or so later my first bass in over 18 months was beached. I’d redeemed myself!

That was the last of the action as we wanted to get back to have a crabbing session at Moreton. That didn’t go terribly well. With a trail of overturned rocks it was evident that somebody had been down before us, however we managed about 50-60 crabs between us and so we now have a few in the freezer ready for when the smuts start to show. Won’t be long now.
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Willpower
Obsessed Poster

Re: Redemption – Penmaenmawr Bass Session

Postby Willpower » Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 am

Well done guys on connecting with the 'bullets'.

talkingbullhuss
Obsessed Poster

Postby talkingbullhuss » Sun May 10, 2015 5:38 am

Well done boys cracking result :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sea fishing like a drug ................

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun May 10, 2015 7:12 am

Sublime. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

whistleing sands
Obsessed Poster

Postby whistleing sands » Sun May 10, 2015 7:40 am

very nice well done gazzer and graham makes you buzz when you get your target fish :clap: :clap: :clap:

JIMMYJIZZMO
i love cock

Postby JIMMYJIZZMO » Sun May 10, 2015 8:11 am

Well done lads!!!!it looks ordinary freezing there!!!

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Sun May 10, 2015 8:29 am

Well done chaps, great session. Maybe the first of many silver's Graham!
2017 Species
Dab, Codling, Whiting, 5-B Rockling, Rainbow Trout, Gr Weaver, Striped Bream, Flounder, Palometa, Plaice, Dogfish, Pollock, Smoothhound, Ballan Wrasse Angel Shark Butterfly Ray Painted Comber Pandora Bream

TCBLUE777
Regular Poster

Postby TCBLUE777 » Sun May 10, 2015 8:43 am

:clap: :clap: well done both of you looked a great day deserve it for your effort :thumbsup:

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sun May 10, 2015 9:05 am

Top report and pictures Graham :thumbsup: Super day out for you both, Bass made the day. New rod christened :clap: Well Done :)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Sun May 10, 2015 9:46 am

Cracking report & photos there graham :thumbsup: loads of fish & the bass jinx banished well done on a busy session chaps :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

joeNeal_71
Obsessed Poster

Postby joeNeal_71 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:44 am

Tidy session there guys :clap:

That's tea sorted for you Gaz and we'll done Graham for Christening your new rod first time out !!

Greg Barratt
Headless Angler

Postby Greg Barratt » Sun May 10, 2015 11:45 am

After a poor start at the free shop....
Top result, you two....well done.
:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Greg

If hopes and wishes turned into fishes....

2016 species:(15)
Starry Smoothhound, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Codling, Whiting, Flounder, Plaice, Dab, 3b Rockling, Dragonet, LSD, Silver Eel, Lobster, Starfish

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 pm

Good effort lads :clap: the surf was running well yesterday it looked perfect. Sorry I couldn't join you due to been slightly hungover after the night before a impromptu drinking session. :roll:
[u]2015 Shore Species - Bass on the fly, Bass ( bait ),Mullet, whiting, dab, silver eel, Doggie, Starry Hound, Flounder,Pollock, Conger, Wrasse, Mackerel

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Sun May 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Just rewards for the effort, well in gents :clap:
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun May 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Nice to snare a couple of silvers,well in boys :clap:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”