K-Tel 2014

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

K-Tel 2014

Postby wobbler72 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:58 pm

It started with K-Tel when I was still at school. You know the deal. Sell ‘em number one singles throughout the year and at the end of it, stick ‘em all on one album and sell it to ‘em again!

The "brand" was soon replaced with the "Now That's What I Call Music" format.

At Business School many years later, both K-Tel and NTWICM became a euphemism for “same old sh1t, different wrapper”.

But it’s not a bad marketing ploy … and I’m bored. So here’s my fishing related “K-Tel” comprising my 2014 reports, and a few I didn’t write at the time. I hope you enjoy it and add your own 

The year started on a search for Coley and fat Flounder (before the headed out to Sea to spawn). The Coley came from Anglesey; my best was a PB of 1lb 110z.

The Flounder came from the Lleyn; another PB at 2lb 1.5oz

In February, I caught my first few Bass of the season, but didn’t report on them due to an idiot who recommended using catch reports from forums such as this as the data for research and the basis of informing and forming fisheries policy on Bass.

In March, I got an offer I couldn’t refuse; the chance to fish with Degs for my first ever Ray. I got 2, the biggest weighing in at a modest 6lb 3.5oz and another PB.

I also picked up my first Turbot of the year

April saw more small Coley, dogs and a few Bass approaching 4lb. I also had a weeks’ holiday down the Lleyn providing me with an opportunity to explore the coast for new fishing opportunities. The weather was kind and scenery stunning. Sorry, no pics due to the idiot referred to above.

In May I started the serious rock-fishing, with the arrival, at last, of the Mackerel, together with a surprise Herring

More small Turbot on the beach and at the end of the month, my only Tope of the year. 30lb

June was also a good month for me. I saw the return of decent sized Ballans, the bigger Pollack and a second double figure fish in the form of an 11lb 2oz Conger

June fished off with my first ever Smoothie from the shore, and at 11lb 10oz it was my third double figure species of the year.

By comparison, July was a quiet month for me on the Mack, Pollack and Wrasse. I did however start to try out some of the marks I’d scoped out a few months earlier. I also took the opportunity to prep for the annual Pilgrimage to Alderney. And this time it excelled itself.

Hmmm. This is getting too long. Looks like it’s gonna have to be a double album! Part 2 to come 
Kev

viaductbaggies
Regular Poster

Re: K-Tel 2014

Postby viaductbaggies » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Well in Kev :thumbsup:

But can part 2 have no topless shots please :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
http://www.lavendercottagecornwall.co.uk/

dinglecodcatcher
Obsessed Poster

Postby dinglecodcatcher » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 am

Haha bang on Kev. Love the blacked out back ground on the tope pic lol

Flounder, Dab, Cod, Whiting, Dogfish, Octopus, Thornback Ray, Bass, Smoothie

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 am

Superb year you have had Kev and the stamp of fish you have caught is equally impressive :clap:

It was a dark night on Tope rock that night though :lol:
2017 Species

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:30 pm

What can I say Wobby. You have achieved in a year what has took me over 40 years of sea fishing. For that I congratulate you :clap:
We all hope the big fish barrier can be broke next year :drool:
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:53 pm

You're too kind Shacky.

I only started fishing 5 years ago and most of what I've learned has come from forums like this and the good members (and now good friends) thereof. I've still much to learn but in the meantime writing a few reports is the least I can do to give something back :)
Kev

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Another productive year Kev...well done mate :clap: :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [17]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:40 am

:clap: nice report Kevin and a massive well done, the time and miles you put in have paid off. Like everything dedication and time spent refining the skills and methods reap the rewards :clap: :clap:
[u]2015 Shore Species - Bass on the fly, Bass ( bait ),Mullet, whiting, dab, silver eel, Doggie, Starry Hound, Flounder,Pollock, Conger, Wrasse, Mackerel

morrow
Obsessed Poster

Postby morrow » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:39 am

Awesome stuff :clap:
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Some well deserved belters :clap: :clap: :clap:

Crossbones
Obsessed Poster

Postby Crossbones » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 pm

Top report mate, that's not a bad haul for a single year, some great pics....that's a cracking pic of the flounder :clap: :clap:
Simon

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”