west side anglesey

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

Tojo
Super Poster

west side anglesey

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 am

morning ,afternoon guys

well it was time to get out again . . and as i seeing lots of rays about . i decided it was worth ago to try bag my first one of the shore...afew msgs here and thwere regarding baits ... (big thanks to kev crone ) very good of ya to go outa of ya way fella . . i will talk to gaz about A PAY RISE LOL .
anyway after an early start and picking bait up i wa on the island and fish by around 9 am . .it was pretty quite to be fair ... lovley sunny day to start and then outa no where fog. and drizzle ....just about took over the day . . .but not to be to disheartened as there where afew fish caught. .
started the day of with a whiting , followed up with a doggie . and thats how it went with a cuople of codling in between. until the sun started to set . then it was more dogs for myself ,john ,and gav (bill) ... great to meet up with you both . . enjoyed the sesh. . anyway then had a nice pull down and then nod nod ...and on reeling into it you could just tell it wasnt a doggie . but is bigger bro . the huss. . once in and weighed . i have now got a new pb of 10lb from shore . get in. . still no bloody ray though . . and i tried everything . . however big john managed to sneak one at a very reasonable 10.2lb... and not long before they left john also managed another huss of again 10.1 lb. . i dont know about gav(bill ) as he dissapeared into the fog. . lol . john and gav left leaving me on mi todd. . i tried for another hr till around just gone midnight still with no joy just bloody dogs . i called it a day . . and crawled up a soggy cliff and back to car for a kip before home early hrs . . fish caught
dogs ,whiting,codling,dab,huss, and john . ray ,huss, whiting, dogs, and gav ... dogs, .?
heres afew pics of the day . till next time tojo

tight lines

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: west side anglesey

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:52 am

Tidy session Tojo. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Surprised you had no Rays because there have been a couple showing around there recently but it was a decent session anyway :clap:
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

woody565
Super Poster

Postby woody565 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

I was on there yesterday also, fished 7pm - 2am. Only brought 3 baits back in without a fish on. Unfortunately it was mainly dog fish and codling, no rays. Malcolm at ABC said there has been a lot of rays showing, but the area has been netted recently.

Will give it another go after the weekend I think.

Well done on the Huss, nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Degs the 2nd
Obsessed Poster

Postby Degs the 2nd » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Hard luck on the ray front Tojo but the huss makes up for it :D i've found they thin out greatly
after a few days of calm weather.
Decent fish 2016- Conger 14lb-1,Huss 11lb-5,starry hound 10lb-7,smalleye 10lb-1

merseyparadise
Super Poster

Postby merseyparadise » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Boss report. Can't wait to get to Nefyn in a few weeks
I fish because I love to.... not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly so much fun.

morrow
Obsessed Poster

Postby morrow » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Nice one larrrrrr :clap:

Give us a Facebook message next time you go!

Nice fish lovely mark
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Some quality fish there Tojo....nice to get a good bend in the rod :clap:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Tojo
Super Poster

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 pm

woody565 wrote:I was on there yesterday also, fished 7pm - 2am. Only brought 3 baits back in without a fish on. Unfortunately it was mainly dog fish and codling, no rays. Malcolm at ABC said there has been a lot of rays showing, but the area has been netted recently.

Will give it another go after the weekend I think.

Well done on the Huss, nice fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah ive seen and heard of around 20/30 rays , this week . . tides abit small ,...l dont think weather change helped much . . . heard nowt about the netting though . . next time ... you might of seen mi car . zafira ... i was trying to get abit of kip before the long drive home lol heard you guys come back . . that fog was bad eh .

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 am

A top session there my man :clap: rod bending action and good weather to boot , happy days :clap: :clap: :clap:
[u]2015 Shore Species - Bass on the fly, Bass ( bait ),Mullet, whiting, dab, silver eel, Doggie, Starry Hound, Flounder,Pollock, Conger, Wrasse, Mackerel

blueflag
Regular Poster

Postby blueflag » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Great session! Well in! :clap: :clap:
2014 species, Cod, Whiting, Dab, LSD, flounder, thornback ray, plaice, pollack, blenny, Ballan wrasse, three bearded rockling.

talkingbullhuss
Obsessed Poster

Postby talkingbullhuss » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Good report some nice fish !!
clap:
Sea fishing like a drug ................

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”