ravens/lilypond

Post your fishing report and pictures in this section

Moderator: John Petersen

joe roberts
Obsessed Poster

ravens/lilypond

Postby joe roberts » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Off all this week and with lots to do i left monday free for a session down the island.
Called at gaz's for a formal chat and bait and set of for ravens got some rag and s/eel but left out maccie hoping id get some fresh. 1st mistake. got to ravens and a few lads already there. 1 i new ( nice to meet you again thomper). so i went inbetween ravens and sewer pipe. 1st cast produced a plump pollock on crab on the bottom.

One other thing was the amount of lobster pots which i had to avoid and most of my fishing was close in. i carried on with crab on the bottom incase any hounds shown and on the other rod i tried to get some fresh maccie.

The only thing i had on the bottom was a couple of codling and a few wrasse.

And a load of small wrasse and little pollock.

After a few hours thomper shouted over they were going so i picked all my gear up and set up were they were to settle in for what i thought would be into darkness. 2 big rods out one with small baits and one whole s/eel. and carried on feathering in the hope of fresh maccie.

Then out the blue a tribe of local village idiots turn up muttering to each other he's on our spot. f**king holiday maker.
then the brighter one of the tribe spotted a welsh dragon on my arm and a welsh flag on my box. and then the bu**oops started im a match fisherman and ive had this and had that. then god struck me down with a bout of deafness.
They all set up. one hellbent on trying to get a set of feathers and a 6 ounce lead around either a boat jet ski or canoe while taking sips from his can of stella. then the 1 who persisted in using plain leads and crossing everyone me included then there was the dead head who kept casting side way's over everyone. and i nearly forgot the one who likes to fill all the puddles with oops.
Ipulled my 2 big rods in and for half an hour just tried for maccie ending up in just 3 big launce at this the idiots had got on my nerves that much i decided enough and headed of for some tea.

.Peeved of i decided to head for lilypond got there and it was empty and stinking so i settled down on the right hand side one big rod out with baited hokeyes and one short and the last one trying for maccie.
After an hour i gave up with the maccie and fished 2 rods with hokeyes one out. and a small rod closer in with just launce sandeel and rag worm. from then on it was just small dab's pollock blennies and scorpion fish.

then darkness fell so i put the small rod away and fished close in with 2 rods and big baits all to no avail not even a tap or a dog fish. so at ten o'clock i sacked it and headed home an hour later i was sat on my oops wondering how i would of got on if them d**k heads wouldnt of turned up.
and what a wasted day.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: ravens/lilypond

Postby Big Kev » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Sooooooo annoying for you Joe but at least you had a few :clap:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

An Irish Angler
Super Poster

Postby An Irish Angler » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 pm

The problem that you describe happens in Ireland too. However I bet that you have never had three hundred of them surrounding you on a beach that is at least 8 - 10 miles long.

Three years ago I arrived on a south Wexford beach that had about 10 people on it, practically deserted. Walking up the strand about three hundred meters from the gap in the sand dunes I started fishing. Within half an hour there was a person every 12 feet from the gap 300 meters away up to me and for at least two hundred meters beyond. The crowd also went from the gap in the other direction for about 500 meters. I kid you not it was a mackerel bashers gathering.

They had dustbins, large cooler boxes, black sacks, in fact any kind of carrying utensil. All, it appeared used a rod which was mothballed for 11.5 months of the year and taken out for the annual mackerel jamboree. Unfortunately I happened to hit the beach on the day.

Did I count having set up my pitch long before the masses arrived, no way. They cast across my lines and showed no sense of manners or etiquette and this from what you would term respectable people, most there being family groups.When asking for my space to be respected I got the old F##K ##F treatment, and that from what I assume were farmers wives.

Needless to say I prayed for darkness and their departure so as I could get back to the smoothies and bass. I have to say I have never seen so many mackerel landed off a beach and the local neighbourhood in such a frenzy. SCARY STUFF MAN, a real Father Ted moment.

alf - big al
Obsessed Poster

Postby alf - big al » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:52 pm

bad news joe, unlucky man :evil: :roll:
2010 species. codling whiting 3b rockling dab eel

talkingbullhuss
Obsessed Poster

Postby talkingbullhuss » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:45 pm

thats why i dont go colwyn bay in winter anymore noddys casting on a 70 deg angle and realing in bout 6 rigs . So gets on my t*ts :evil:
Sea fishing like a drug ................

Psychocabbie
Obsessed Poster

Postby Psychocabbie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm

joe i feel for you mate - you showed a lot more patience than i would have mate thats for sure ! ! :evil: :evil:

thats also one of the reasons i like fishing more isolated marks - less idiots and also a much lower ammonium aroma too !!

top marks for toughing it out !! :clap: :clap:
2011 Species list
Species Caught:- 18
LSD, Dab. Whiting, Pollack, Pouting, Poor Cod, Codling, Corkwing, LSSS, Plaice, Bass, Flounder, Bull Huss, Mackerel, Shanny, Coalie, Cuckoo Wrasse, Conger

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Unlucky Joe, I've had it a couple of weeks ago at the Clown Roundabout. Some old guy catching 8oz schoolies and putting them straight in his bag. Ignorant Tw@* :evil: :evil:
2017 Species
Dab, Codling, Whiting, 5-B Rockling, Rainbow Trout, Gr Weaver, Striped Bream, Flounder, Palometa, Plaice, Dogfish, Pollock, Smoothhound, Ballan Wrasse

SimonL
Super Poster

Postby SimonL » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 pm

'kin 'ell thats all you need.....good couple of pics though Mate

Brian900
Obsessed Poster

Postby Brian900 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Unlucky but nice photos

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:05 pm

I just feel sorry for the lads who turned up only to find roberts on there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gilly111
Obsessed Poster

Postby gilly111 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
2015 kayak fishing
Watch this space

Return to “Fishing Session Reports”