Snood line/Sufix Supple Link

This section is for all of your rig questions.How to make them...which rigs to use for a particular species or venue...which hooks and sizes are best....any general ideas/advice on rig making and their components.
Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Snood line/Sufix Supple Link

Postby Blue topaz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi

I am replacing some snood lengths can someone recommend a decent snood line that I could get on ebay- I would like black 30lb. Although Sufix seems to be recommended I am slightly confused with sufix brand because it calls it monofilament in the ad and I think I need amnesia. Would appreciate any advice please

thanks

Mike

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Snood line/Sufix Supple Link

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Mike I have used Amnesia for years without any complaint.I like it because its memory free and very supple.I use what ever colour is in the tackle shop.Good value as well. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:01 pm

thanks very much Steve- could you recommend a brand that I should buy? Also if the ad says monofilament does that mean its not amnesia?
On ebay it seems that there are two brands Sunset and Ultima - what do you reckon?
many thanks

Mike

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Blue topaz wrote:thanks very much Steve- could you recommend a brand that I should buy? Also if the ad says monofilament does that mean its not amnesia?
On ebay it seems that there are two brands Sunset and Ultima - what do you reckon?
many thanks

Mike

Mike,amnesia is the brand name.It is a memory free mono.Most tackle shops sell it in red,black and clear. I use 20lb for hook snoods.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Sunset is the American firm that manufacture "Amnesia" originally as fly line backing but it was as Steve says,found to be very good for snoods for sea fishing many years ago now.
It comes in 300 foot spools and is fairly thick for its relative breaking strength but is very robust and knots well as long as its well lubricated.
Sunset owns the trademark "Amnesia" so anything else is a copy.
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:31 pm

thanks very much Steve and Ken that's brilliant . Sunset Amnesia it is then.

Return to “Rig Clinic”