pulley rig or up and over running lead rig

This section is for all of your rig questions.How to make them...which rigs to use for a particular species or venue...which hooks and sizes are best....any general ideas/advice on rig making and their components.
smokesolo33

pulley rig or up and over running lead rig

Postby smokesolo33 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 pm

What one is the better rig for various situations i.e. bass, rough ground, winter cod or thornies etc?

morrow
Obsessed Poster

Re: pulley rig or up and over running lead rig

Postby morrow » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:26 pm

smokesolo33 wrote:What one is the better rig for various situations i.e. bass, rough ground, winter cod or thornies etc?

Rough ground you want a pully type rig mate, For the cod and bigger fish inclusing rays i use a pennal rig and the bass people use a up and over rig etc
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:48 pm

smokesolo33 wrote:What one is the better rig for various situations i.e. bass, rough ground, winter cod or thornies etc?

I don't use the standard pulley rig anymore, I opt for the pulley drop down, I use it when I want to fish a single bait on snoods less than 4 foot. Any longer and I go for the up and over rig but its very rare I feel the need to go longer, possibly only for Bass when the water is clear and the Rays when the tide allows.

Over rough ground If your worried about loosing gear that's what a rotten bottoms and lead lifts are for 8)

smokesolo33

Postby smokesolo33 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Whats the difference between pulley and pulley drop down?

smokesolo33

Postby smokesolo33 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Have just looked it. As faras i can see a pulley drop down is like a paternoster pulley rig with the snood sliding up and down the rig body on a bent bait clip

Return to “Rig Clinic”