Splash Down Solo Bait Clip

This section is for all of your rig questions.How to make them...which rigs to use for a particular species or venue...which hooks and sizes are best....any general ideas/advice on rig making and their components.
congerman1962
Obsessed Poster

Splash Down Solo Bait Clip

Postby congerman1962 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Been using these for A few months now and found them OK
I always used imps in the past
the Gemini clips were great when I was using hooks to size sakuma 3-0 match but I am now using 4-0+ and have found the hook wont fit in the clip and if you put the hook in and then load the clip its A very tight fit and does not release is there A different size or are they standard I have found that the clip fits my needs better than the imps but if they don't do A bigger one I will go back to using imps for the bigger hooks I have tried using various bait clips over the years and the imps are brilliant but as I say the Gemini one was ideal for pushing baits into strong winds as odd times the imps would release the hook mid cast so if any one knows if there are different sized Gemini clips would appreciate the help :think:

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Re: Splash Down Solo Bait Clip

Postby Blue topaz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:44 am

Hi

Just give em a ring they are really helpful on the phone

01472 852966 http://www.gemini-tackle.co.uk/

Good luck

Mike

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Ive been using splashdowns last year with 6/0 mustad power worm hooks & they fit in the clip OK & release every time not once have they stuck i use big mouths too & same with them 5/0 vikings work too they must be slimmer than what you're using or something i use the vikings & power worm because i fish with braid & they bend out of snags & so i tend not to lose as much gear

congerman1962
Obsessed Poster

Postby congerman1962 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 pm

tatch1 wrote:Ive been using splashdowns last year with 6/0 mustad power worm hooks & they fit in the clip OK & release every time not once have they stuck i use big mouths too & same with them 5/0 vikings work too they must be slimmer than what you're using or something i use the vikings & power worm because i fish with braid & they bend out of snags & so i tend not to lose as much gear

cheers mate I will give the 6/0 mustad power worm hooks A try sound like there the ones I need to use now for the big baits ;)

congerman1962
Obsessed Poster

Postby congerman1962 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Thanks for the replies much appreciated :clap: :clap:

Haysieboy
Regular Poster

Postby Haysieboy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 am

tatch1 wrote:Ive been using splashdowns last year with 6/0 mustad power worm hooks & they fit in the clip OK & release every time not once have they stuck i use big mouths too & same with them 5/0 vikings work too they must be slimmer than what you're using or something i use the vikings & power worm because i fish with braid & they bend out of snags & so i tend not to lose as much gear

The tackle shops around me only sell thick wired hooks in 6/0 and I'm having the same problem of them not fitting in a splashdown. Are the power worm hooks for sale online anywhere?
There's plenty more fish in the sea!

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm

You can get em off ebay Gerry's may have them or veals or UK hooks got mine off ebay nearly forgot to mention i used splash downs with 7/0 big mouth too while uptiding they also worked a treat no problems releasing at all

Return to “Rig Clinic”