rig to the leader

This section is for all of your rig questions.How to make them...which rigs to use for a particular species or venue...which hooks and sizes are best....any general ideas/advice on rig making and their components.
congerman1962
Obsessed Poster

rig to the leader

Postby congerman1962 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:54 am

:think: At the moment I use 80lb swivels on my rigs and attach it to my shock leader with A Gemini rig clip
this is OK but I want to fine my presentation down so I need find another way of connecting the two I have seen match anglers using different clips that make there rigs less bulky :?: I use 70lb shock leaders +80lb rig bodies for safety as I use crimps on my rigs 4.5ox leads -5oz any ideas much appreciated :think:

zippie01
Obsessed Poster

Re: rig to the leader

Postby zippie01 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm

3 years and no replies ???

I tend(ed) (just taken up fishing again after 20 year gap !) to use clip swivels to attach my rigs to main line for ease of use and quick changes with fresh bait.
I just searched for this to see if there are any alternative ways of attaching rigs to main line.
What does everyone else do ??

Cheers
Andy
2017:Whiting,Codling,Dab

Greg Barratt
Headless Angler

Re: rig to the leader

Postby Greg Barratt » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Fastlinks (quick change clips) as used in Gemini Imps- on rigs, with link/rig clips on leader.
:thumbsup:
Greg

If hopes and wishes turned into fishes....

2016 species:(15)
Starry Smoothhound, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Codling, Whiting, Flounder, Plaice, Dab, 3b Rockling, Dragonet, LSD, Silver Eel, Lobster, Starfish

Return to “Rig Clinic”