Anglesey.....Cemaes Bay (High and low water mark)

This section contains directions to a wide variety of venues,plus information on the type of fishing available,and the bait/rigs used
Big Kev
The Masterful One

Anglesey.....Cemaes Bay (High and low water mark)

Postby Big Kev » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm

The bay is not a venue that gets much publicity,but is a very scenic mark which will be well sheltered from everything apart from a northerly wind,and as such could be on your list for a blow off venue,or somewhere to take the kids. There is a small breakwater ,a beautiful spotless sandy beach,which is flanked by rocks for the more adventurous angler. I have read reports of bass from the beach along with the inevitable dogs plus dabs and whiting....there is small patches of rocks near the top of the beach....i will add more pics of the venue over high water....i`ve never fished it myself so my info is pretty limited...it has a large free car park where you will also find toilets and a small cafe...there`s a convenience store and pub just a stones throw away. Obviously it will get busy during daytime in the summer months,but i could think of worse places to fish on a warm night with a surf running.
Directions

Directions
General Info
winter fishing sucks

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Anglesey.....Cemaes Bay

Postby Big Kev » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Thanks to Si (Fatneck) for this info ,after a recent session...............

The Harbour Wall - great for mini species down the side and at high water gives access to both mixed and sandy ground. Dogfish are there but locals said there's a chance of flatfish and bass.

The Little Jetty - plenty of mini species again including pollock, goby's, blennies and both small ballans and cracking corkwings. Also at high water you've got a decent depth of water and mainly sandy bottom same species available as above.

The Rocks -

To the left (looking out) I had whiting, wrasse (ballans and corkwings) and good pollock. Mackerel would be available if they were around but I didn't find any. As you keep going round to the left, the depth of water increases and whilst I didn't fish much from the rocks here I did you quite a bit of drifting close in from a kayak which yielded the same species as above but of a slightly bigger stamp. Winning tactics were soft plastics on lead heads, spinners and ragworm (fished both on two hook rigs drifitng and also on the lead head). Can be snaggy close in but gives way to cleaner ground further out, I certainly didn't lose much tackle...

To the right (looking out) you have to go right to the end to access deeper water and there is not as much scope for bottom fishing here due to the snags but would expect lure/lrf tactics to score well here for similar species as the other side.
winter fishing sucks

Return to “Welsh Venues/Directions”