Merseyside.....Widnes - Victoria prom WA8 0DF (high water )

This section gives info on venues which are suitable for anglers who don`t like to,or can`t walk too far.They are also suitable/safe for eldery,disabled or young anglers
morrow
Obsessed Poster

Merseyside.....Widnes - Victoria prom WA8 0DF (high water )

Postby morrow » Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Another one of my venues i have kept quiet but now its here so i hope lots more people start to fish it,

Again Flounders & eels are the target also whiting, this is about half a mile from spike island as if you was heading back towards liverpool places can be fished at low as the channel runs in other places drys out!

You need to follow the postcode i added for spike island
Mersey Rd
WIDNES
WA8 0DF

As you turn left to enter spike island you need to carry straight on until you can go no further as there is a no access sign do a left here and drive down and you fish the whole stretch its up to you were you think is best, I like to fish next to the pub were the old swing bridge was you can walk down at low and fish the top at high! The pull here can somtimes be very strong but each section fishes different to other bits deep in parts shallow in others but the flounder always seem to turn up again with the odd seal and plenty of herons

carry straight on
left here
fishing starts at the back of here
old swing bridge remains
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Re: Widnes - Victoria prom WA8 0DF

Postby Richie Fisher » Wed May 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Great pics mate :clap: Thanks for taking the trouble ;)

Return to “Easy Access Venues/Directions For All Areas”