Merseyside....1 o'clock gun (High and low)

This section gives info on venues which are suitable for anglers who don`t like to,or can`t walk too far.They are also suitable/safe for eldery,disabled or young anglers
gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Merseyside....1 o'clock gun (High and low)

Postby gmonkman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:34 pm

As this was recently mentioned, thought i'd give this place a recie and a fish.

First thing, no dock pass is required, nor are there any restrictions to get to this mark or the parking mentioned. There is a public footpath around the venue which runs on to Priory Wharf (Cod Corner).

A bin is currently provided at the Gun. Please use it!

Parking Up and Fishing Spot
Click this for a map

Tides and Times
Will be fishable any state of tide, within normal Mersey rules on springs. Even if its ripping through you would have the option of dropping a bait in the dock entrance. From my limited experience of this mark, fish started to feed once the run had started .. even the dabs were quite during low slack.

Species
To paraphrase the original poster who inspired the recie which lead to this post .. dabs and whiting and anything which swims in the mersey

Bottom
Bottom I reckon is mainly mud, didnt have any snag problems during a full tide session, no recommendations for best place to chuck.

Pictures

Parking where standing taking the photo. viewing the public footpath through

The Gun!

Looking across the tunnel vents and over to Woodside
Random fish 1

Random fishies 2

Random fishies 3
Make a difference - take home 1 piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing.

niges123
Obsessed Poster

Re: Merseyside....1 o'clock gun

Postby niges123 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Well researched it's nice when a plan pays off. Any state of tide sounds good, nice venue to fall back on when other plans have failed or timing of tides gone wrong. Thanks to your hard work we've got another interesting mark to fish. The fact that you got 3 varieties of fish indicate a busy venue. Thanks again for your efforts. Lets hope people use the bins you mentioned, so we don't lose it as a venue. I was speaking to a guy down on Brom wall tonight telling me that the fact that many fishermen light fires there has come to the attention of Shell whose oil pipework runs under the mark. They have expressed concerns so this could be soon fenced off again. Along with possibility of losing sites on Liverpool docks we could all be faced with long drives to North Wales as the only place to fish if we're not careful :( :(
lots of whiting, poor cod,codling

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:41 am

Well done Graham. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Postby gmonkman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:30 am

Ta for the info.

How far out is the car and also having only seen it on the w/e neaps, how much mud is in front of you at low on a spring?
Make a difference - take home 1 piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:01 am

tommyblue777 wrote:the car is about 1 or 2 feet from the wall it is well buried only the top showing apparently it was chucked in before the railings were put up :lol: i go 4 hours before high tide it is all mud up to 15 to 20 feet from the wall hope this helps on another note i have been told were the big tower is to the right of the gun is a good place as it is air rating the water and you can see water bubbling in front of you and the fish are supposed to attracted to it, this is what i have been told

You might find that the tower could be a marker for a sewer outlet pipe.There is one by Seacombe Ferry that bubbles good style as they pump out treated sewage over high water.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

gmonkman
Obsessed Poster

Postby gmonkman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:21 am

Original post querying the gun. Thanks to OP and to Jon for doing the initial binging.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21215

keithb1724
Regular Poster

Postby keithb1724 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 am

I will have to give it a go

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Return to “Easy Access Venues/Directions For All Areas”